This document shows how can the default be modified so that access is possible via e.g.:
The current default URL for accessing Service Desk via the WEB interface is http://<server name>/CAisd/pdmweb.exe.
Service Desk 12.x, 14.1
The changes required need to be made within the domain and IIS and comprise:
- Create a DNS Alias record for the service desk server: Eg: if the server name is ServiceDesk then create a alias record under domain in DNS as say "abc" and make sure this points to ServiceDesk server. Now the alias URL will be http://abc
- On IIS Server, on the properties tab, under the Home Directory, make sure the option "when connecting to this resource..." points to the following location C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Service Desk Manager\bopcfg\www\wwwroot
- Make sure that you have Scripts and Executables as the permissions.
- Make sure that you have the default document enabled, and have pdmweb.exe as a default document.
- Stop and restart the IIS server.