How to use the CA ZIPXP utility to unzip your .CAZ file
Last Updated: September 25, 2009
- Download the CAZIPXP.EXE utility file.
Save it in a directory such as C:ca_appsw or a temp directory.
- Download the .CAZ and save it to the same directory.
If you get garbage text on the screen when you click the link,
right-click on the link and select "Save Link As..." or "Save Target As..." from the context menu.
- The .CAZ file and CAZIPXP.EXE files should now be in the same directory.
- Open a command prompt (Sometimes called a command line or DOS prompt).
Change the directory to the one where the two files reside.
CAZIPXP -u (the_file_name).CAZ
Example: If the file name is LO34567.CAZ, then type:
CAZIPXP -u LO34567.CAZ
- At this point the contents of the file will be unzipped.
The files should match the list (usually titled: UPDATED ROUTINES:) in the web page which had the link to the .CAZ file.
- The CAZIPXP utility can be used on Windows 2003, Windows XP and DOS platforms.
- Some .CAZ files, in the past contained other compressed formats within the .CAZ file (TAR or .ZIP). If this is the case with your .CAZ file, use the third party utility for that format.
- Please ensure that you type the patch number accurately, such that the number zero "0" and the letter "O" are properly differentiated where applicable. If you accidentally enter a zero for the letter O, or vice versa, the CA ZIPXP utility will not recognize the patch number and fail to execute.