CA ITCM Diagnostic Tool - DSMInfo
Last Updated: April 10, 2014
DSMinfo is a tool which is used to collect information about the operation of CA IT Client Management in order to help CA Support solve problems. The information collected includes logs, system configuration, registry settings, directory listings and environment. This is collected and compressed into a single zip file which can be returned to us for analysis.
Dsminfo produces a 7z file (7zip) which has a much better compression ratio than plain zip. To expand these files, you need to get 7zip from http://7-zip.org.
Dsminfo is available for Windows and Linux.
Synopsis: collect ITCM diagnostic information
Usage: dsminfo <args>
where args are:
<nothing> - read the default script file dsminfo.txt
-I <file> - use the specified script file instead of the default.
- Download dsminfo.zip to a temporary folder and unzip it.
- Execute "dsminfo.exe".
- The program will collect the information it requires and place it in a file called %TEMP%dsminfo_<machine name>.7z.
Download the dsminfo tool and save it in a temporary folder. Extract dsminfo using the the command "tar zxvf dsminfo.tar.gz". Execute it using the command "./dsminfo". Dsminfo will run, collect ITCM related information from the machine and place it in a compressed file /tmp/dsminfo-<machine name>.7z. Send this file back to CA Technologies.
The command line options supported by DSMInfo can be listed by specifying the '-?' parameter on the command line when running the tool.
|Windows ||Linux |
|dsminfo.zip ||dsminfo.tar.gz |
Current release - 2.05
- LWA (web architecture) settings
- version and size information for DSMbin (windows), caf/bin and caf/lib (unix)
- notification server file
- certificate and CBB files
- cam logs and status information
- SSA (secure socket adaptor) logs and status information
- DSM installation logs and info, all other installed packages (not just dsm)
- EGC file info
- CA licensing info
- AM unit files
- scalability server database files
- system information: certain file info, smartcard info, OS config info, network info, currently running processes, crash dumps, NT event logs, environment variables, disk usage, TCP ports
- ENC server config information
- DTS file info
- Oracle logs
- UPM config and logs
- SW management logs and info
- SW packager traces
- WAC logs and config
- USD4 logs
- CCS config and logs
- Support of MDB 1.5
- Improve compression
- Additional files added to be collected
- HDMP files
- CIC logs
- UPM logs
- ApplyPTF information
List of features which are implemented in DSMInfo 1.6:
- Oracle Support
- The .his file from product install directory %7BUnicenterDSM%7D
- CCNF: Difference between the factory default values and the actual values the customer has configured
- Tomcat logs
- ENC Config policies
- Cluster registry keys
- Get cfnotsrvd.dat location
The following functionality has changed:
- Additional installer log files
- EGC log files can be retrieved if EGC logging is switched on and DSMInfo is launched under the same user who started the EGC GUI
- New database log files (MDB patch)
- Support for DMS backup data
The following issues have been fixed:
- Operates with DSM r11.2, DSM r11.1 and DSM r11.0.
Known Issues in the current version:
- Win NT: If the %TEMP% variable is empty, you will notice a crash when the command "ccnfcmda" is performed.
- When DSMInfo.exe or DSMInfo (Linux) is launched an automatic download of latest version on this server is started.
- The download can be suppressed by using the command line option "-nodownload".