CA Total Defense r12 SE2 Content Update is Now Available
CA Total Defense r12 SE2 (Sustenance Engineering) release began public distribution on March 31, 2011. This is the first in a series of electronic downloads that will be automatically pushed to your customer's TD r12 installations over the course of the next few weeks. No further action is required on the part of your customer. The TD R12 SE2 Content Update packages included updates for the Management Server, Event Server, Endpoint Discovery and Agent.
Total Defense r12 SE2 Package includes the following key features and enhancements:
- Performance - Many activities, including endpoint discovery, license deployment, and content update, have been improved to complete more quickly and require fewer resources.
- Stability - Improved stability and experience in the TD Client and Groupware applications.
- Deployment Flexibility - Improved flexibility and coverage in Endpoint Discovery and Remote Installation. New discovery methods, including using Active Directory and "QuickScan", have been added, resulting in faster scans and higher endpoint counts. Remote Installation now accounts for previously unsupported network configurations.
- Management Controls - Improved information content and access in Management Console. Signature versions on endpoints are easily visible, and Dashboard panels now have drill-down links to view relevant details. Console login problems resolved.
- Improved Messaging - Improvements to license processing, reducing display of unclear license status during initial rollout.
To better manage the SE2 update the release has been partitioned into a series of functional releases. The SE2 update package release will follow this order:
- Server, Discovery, and Agent components began public distribution on Wednesday, March 30, 2011.
- Client applications, including the Client, Groupware and UNC began distribution during the week of Monday, April 4, 2011. Unified Network Control components were the first elements loaded followed by the Groupware (Lotus Notes, Exchange, Sharepoint, NetApps) and End-point Client suites for both 32-Bit and 64-Bit Windows operating system environments.
- The final rollout of the SDK components, which include the launch of AM/SDK r1.5 and HIPS/SDK r2.1, will be made available by the end of June 2011.
The build numbers associated with the various SE2 packages include the following:
- Event Server: 126.96.36.1991
- Endpoint Discovery: 188.8.131.52
- Client: 184.108.40.2061
- Agent: 220.127.116.111
- Management Server Core: 18.104.22.1681
- Management Server Core: UI - 22.214.171.1241
- All GroupWare Options: 126.96.36.1991
- UNC: 188.8.131.522
Since SE2 is automatically rolled out to your customers there are no new downloads or program images associated with this release at the present time. We will update you accordingly if this should change.