Content Update - build 443
October 20, 2006
|To: ||CA Integrated Threat Management r8 Customers, |
eTrust Antivirus r8 Customers
eTrustPestPatrol Anti-spyware Corporate Edition r8 Customers
|From: ||The CA Integrated Threat Management Product Team |
On behalf of the CA team, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly announce updated releases and maintenance for our products.
This Content Update for build 443 (eTrust Antivirus Driver and Post GA Gap) includes changes and fixes (enumerated below) that are available through the CA Integrated Threat Management r8 (and eTrust Antivirus r8 and eTrust PestPatrol r8) content update mechanism. By installing this Content Update, you ensure that your systems are current on maintenance and have the latest fixes and updates. As with all Antivirus Driver upgrades, a reboot (executed or scheduled at your convenience) is necessary to take advantage of the new functionality.
Build 443 - eTrust Antivirus Driver
The new eTrust Antivirus real-time driver:
- has been signed with new Microsoft cross certificate
- now indicates the correct version number
Build 443 - Post GA Gap
- Client Machines now sends an alert notification when software updates are executed successfully
- Pest Patrol Summary Alert Message now indicates:
- a minor alert level if pests are found
- an informational alert level if pests are not found
- Fixes the problem where reports generated for February during leap year shows as being empty
- Fixes the buffer overrun issue when running the Domain Report on the CA Integrated Threat Management r8 server
- Fixes the bad Vet signature version display in Inocmd32
- Added environment variable support to ppcl.exe for log and masterlog definition
- The CA Integrated Threat Management Console now shows alerts indicating successful signature downloads from clients
- Fixes memory leaks in InoWeb, which causes "out of memory" error messages
- Now correctly installs the AdminCAU.dll and AdminCAU.dll.sig on a non-C drive together with the rest of the plug-in files, when the CAUpdate directory is installed on a non-C drive
We encourage you to visit our SupportConnect website at https://support.ca.com, for detailed information concerning this Post-GA pack, up-to-date support information, and the latest technical bulletins. Please note that users do not need to take any action (other than having the appropriate components checked off for download).
In North America, you can obtain your copy of CA Integrated Threat Management r8 (and eTrust Antivirus r8 and eTrust PestPatrol r8) by calling 1-800-841-8743 or contacting your local CA representative. If you are outside of North America, please call your local account representative or the local CA office. You can find a list of CA offices at ca.com/camap.htm.
This letter, and the statements contained herein, do not in any way affect the rights and/or obligations of CA or you, as Licensee, under any existing or future written license agreement or services agreement between the parties relating to the products discussed herein.
We designed our ongoing product development, technical support and maintenance programs to help customers succeed, and believe our latest service pack is a good example of our efforts.
Thank you again for your business. We look forward to continuing our partnership with you.
Product Management, Security Business Unit