How to Manage Unix and Linux Patches with CA Patch Manager
The CA Content Team is pleased to announce the availability of new Technical Documents on how to manage UNIX and Linux patches using CA Patch Manager. These implementation documents are located on the CA IT Client Manager and CA Patch Manager support.ca.com home pages in the Knowledge Base area.
In order communicate specific best practices for each platform, a separate document for each supported platform has been published. Each document contains sections explaining the terminology, supported platform and content, pre-requisites, implementation steps, a flow chart depicting the installation flow, frequently asked questions and reference links.
CA Patch Manager Implementation Technical Documents:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 Updates: TEC546669
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Updates: TEC546676
- HP UX 11i v2 and v3 Quality Pack QPK Patch Bundles: TEC546668
- Solaris SPARC 9 and 10 Recommended Patch Clusters: TEC546663
- IBM AIX 5.1 and 5.3 Fix Packs: TEC546689