CA Service Desk Manager 12.7
This upgrade page is the place to find information needed to successfully upgrade to CA Service Desk Manager 12.7.
As you prepare to upgrade to Service Desk Manger (SDM) 12.7, consider the value of the new features and how these will affect your planning and decision making towards a successful upgrade.
- User Experience: Mobility feature - Tablet, PDA or smart phone for core functions to enable users to self-help and collaboration
- Better Business Decisions: Robust Change Management - Root cause analysis, automated change verification, unauthorized change prevention using Configuration Audit and Control Facility.
- Increase Productivity: Pre-build ITIL content - with Instructional guidance and CA Process Automation workflows and Activity Diagrams to assist customers with a starting point to the development of ITIL processes or to assist with the refinement of existing ITIL processes.
- Decrease business risk and downtime: Automated Change Order verification and remediation processes.
- Decrease Support Costs: End-User Self-Service Comprehensive Service Support - Integrated request, incident, problem, change, knowledge, asset, service level and configuration management.
Support Recommended Best Practices
CA Service Desk Manager 12.7 Upgrade Scenarios
Previous Upgrade Page
The upgrade page which existed previous to the upgrade page that you are now viewing is available from this link:
Pre-12.7 Upgrade Page
Note: Information that is labeled for 12 applies to both release 12.0 and release 12.1, unless otherwise specified.
Descriptions of the new Features for a release are included in the Release Notes.
End of Service (EOS) Schedule
Integrations/Enablement available in CA Service Desk Manager 12.7
Starting June 2013, a course is available that enables you to understand the key features and values of the different CA Service Desk Manager releases starting from release 12.0 and through to release 12.7. Please read the instructions provided at the following link to download the course materials.
Course: Cumulative Differences 100 (33SVD10150)
Product Strategy and Roadmap
For additional CA Service Desk Manager insights, product briefs and documents, please click on link here.