CA Common Services for z/OS
Installation & Maintenance Bulletins
r11 z/OS Service Pack 8 (SP8)
Last Updated: October 11, 2010
CA Common Services r11 z/OS Service Pack 8 (SP8) is the successor to CA Common Services r11 for z/OS Service Pack 7 (SP7).
Please review the following items and all Product Bulletins
- Due to a problem identified with CCI solution RO19294, please do not attempt to install it. New solution RO19533 has been made available as a replacement. In addition, to avoid a potential MODID ERROR during the APPLY of RO19533 please install RO04800 prior to installing RO19533.
- If applying maintenance, please be aware that not all components have available maintenance at this service level. This will depend on the level of your SMP/E environment to which you are about to apply SP8 maintenance. Please refer to solution QI93074 for further information.
- An IPL may be required to implement this new service level as a result of enhancements to the CAIRIM, CAICCI and ENF/USS common services. Please refer to the following sections for more details.
- New SAMPJCL member W010MEXP is provided to expand the PPOPTION dataset. This job should be run prior to the SMP/E APPLY
- There are no new components introduced with SP8. Depending on the level you are currently running you may need to do a base install of some components. See the SAMPJCL member W010MNRC for information about the levels at which new components were introduced so that you can determine whether you need to do a base install of a new component FMID from the SP8 tape.
- The Release Summary is available in softcopy both on the tape and on Support Connect along with the other CA Common Services documentation.
- CA-Dispatch customers running the CA-CAIENF/Spool Interface to intercept output should apply CAIENF/Spool HYPER solution QO87463. This solution corrects the potential to receive sporadic S0C4 abends associated with module CAS9SPLF.
- The CA-Viewpoint common service (FMID CAG3000) is delivered on this tape as it was on the prior SP04, SP05, SP6, and SP7 tapes. This common service replaces FMIDs: CAG2300, CF62300, CSP2300, CTB2300, CBS2300, CIF2300, and CWC2000. If this FMID was previously installed then maintenance is available at this SP8 level. If you have not yet installed this new FMID, and require any of the services contained within, then it is recommended that you follow the installation steps as outlined in the ViewPoint Installation Checklist located in Appendix A of the Getting Started Guide.
- The various GENLEVEL stamps for the previous two levels, in addition to the current SP8 level are as follows:
SP6 stamp is LVL200506. The CAS9075I message will report Genlvl(B006...)
SP7 stamp is LVL200606. The CAS9075I message will report Genlvl(B007...)
SP8 stamp is LVL200710. The CAS9075I message will report Genlvl(B008...)
- The various past and current tapes are as follows:
CA90S Services/MVS Release 1.0 Genlevel 9901 (March 1999)
Unicenter TNG Framework for OS/390 r2.2 9909 (August 2000)
Unicenter TNG Framework for OS/390 r2.2 SP01 (February 2001)
Unicenter TNG Framework for OS/390 r2.2 SP02 (December 2001)
CA Common Services for z/OS and OS/390 r2.2 SP03 (November 2002)
CA Common Services for z/OS and OS/390 r3.0 SP00 (SP04) (October 2003)
CA Common Services r3.0 for z/OS SP05 (January 2005)
CA Common Services r11 for z/OS SP6 (September 2005)
CA Common Services r11 for z/OS SP7 (August 2006)
CA Common Services r11 for z/OS SP8 (December 2007)
- Included with this service level and the prior SP6 and SP7 service levels are some LMP enhancements (refer to: QO66300). These enhancements primarily pertain to LMP warning/violation messages. As a result of these enhancements an IPL will be required to implement or back out this new service level. If SP6, SP7, or QO66300 have already been implemented, then an IPL is not necessary for this reason.
- If performing a base install of FMID CS91000 off the SP8 tape, please run the SMP/E UCLIN provided in QI93149 to correct the target and distribution zones. This UCLIN should be run after the APPLY has been completed.
- For those customers that only utilize the CAIRIM component, beginning with the SP6 service level, a DDDEF for CSSLIB is required. If installing for the first time, the definition for the CSSLIB DDDEF is already included as part of the installation process, within SAMPJCL member W010DDEF. If applying maintenance to a previously installed copy of CAIRIM, you must first define the DDDEF, unless you have done this previously. In order to accomplish this, you have a few options. You can manually define the DDDEF using the SMP/E administration panels; you may customize and run W010DDEF; or you may run the following UCLIN against your SMP CSI.
//SMPCNTL DD * SET BOUNDARY(CAITGT). UCLIN. REP DDDEF(CSSLIB) DA (SYS1.CSSLIB) SHR. ENDUCL. SET BDY(CAIDLIB) . UCLIN . REP DDDEF(CSSLIB) DA (SYS1.CSSLIB) SHR. ENDUCL. /* //
CAIENF and CAICCI
- If applying this maintenance to an SMP/E environment in which SP7 maintenance was applied (i.e. ZW11007 is shown as APPLIED), you will need to first run the following UCLIN as provided in QI93286.
//SMPCNTL DD SET BDY(CAITGT) OPTIONS(CAIOPT). UCLIN. DEL SYSMOD(ZW11007) MOD(CAS9SNMP). DEL SYSMOD(ZW11007) MOD(CAS9TRAP). DEL SYSMOD(ZW11007) MOD(CAS9TRPS). DEL SYSMOD(ZW11007) MOD(CAS9TRS6). ENDUCL. SET BDY(CAIDLIB) OPTIONS(CAIOPT). UCLIN. DEL SYSMOD(ZW11007) MOD(CAS9SNMP). DEL SYSMOD(ZW11007) MOD(CAS9TRAP). DEL SYSMOD(ZW11007) MOD(CAS9TRPS). DEL SYSMOD(ZW11007) MOD(CAS9TRS6). ENDUCL. /* // Failure to run the UCLIN may result in GIM32501E messages. Following is an example of one of the messages.
GIM32501E ** APPLY PROCESSING HAS FAILED FOR SYSMOD ZW11008. ZW11008 SUPERSEDES ZW11007 BUT DOES NOT CONTAIN MODULE CAS9SNMP.
- Support for the CAICCI r1.1 will be dropped as of December 31 st , 2007. If you have not already done so, and you require the CCI service, you must install CAICCI r2.1.
The CAICCI r2.1 FMID CW42100 will delete the CAICCI r1.1 FMID CW41100 in the target data sets. The new release of CCI requires z/OS 1.3 or higher. If you have already installed CCI r2.1 then maintenance is available at this SP8 service level.
An IPL is required to switch between release 1.1 and 2.1 of CCI. Failure to IPL may result in an unscheduled outage.
- Omit maintenance step #25 as this pertains to CCI r1.1
- For those clients preparing to apply maintenance to any of the installed CAIENF components (i.e. CAIENF/CICS, CAIENF/DB2, CAICCI and CAIENF utilities) that are still at a level prior to SP04, an error indicating insufficient directory blocks may occur when ACCEPTing this maintenance. The error refers to the distribution library CAI.W110.CW110LLD. To prevent this error, it is necessary to first allocate a new larger CW110LLD dataset and copy the contents of the old CW110LLD dataset to the new one. The recommended space parameter for the new CW110LLD DLIB is as follows: SPACE=(6144,(3500,200,175)).
- With the introduction of APAR QO64745, which was delivered starting with the SP6 service level, it is required that modules CAS9UDTN and CAE$BQRY be added to the AUTHCMD table of IKJTSOxx.
- The new version of ENFSNMPM (called CAW1SNMP) is delivered on this tape, as it was on the prior SP04, SP05, SP6, and SP7 tapes. It provides additional functionality for use with eTrust Audit. The Getting Started Guide documents how to utilize the new monitor. This new version requires OS/390 2.10 (with PQ44370/UQ51618 for LE) or higher. Running at a lower level will result in an error during SMP/E APPLY processing while attempting to link-edit CAW1SNMP. (i.e. IEW2456E SYMBOL _osname UNRESOLVED)
The "old" ENFSNMPM proc and related CAS9SNMP program are no longer delivered. They have been previously removed by APAR QO74277.
- Included as part of ENF maintenance at this SP8 level is APAR QO87718. With this APAR applied, all CAW1SNMP traces or debugging messages will be routed to the CAW1LOG DDname. Please refer to QI87719 for proper coding of this new DD.
- DCM CAL2DCM2 (CA-XPS event) was updated at Service Pack 6
DCM CAS9DCM0 (ENF base events) was updated at Service Pack 8
DCM CAS9DCM4 (CAIENF/SNMP Monitor) was updated at Service Pack 4
Depending on the service level you are upgrading from, you may need to update your ENF database to replace any of the above DCM's that may currently be installed. Use the CAS9DB utility to re-install the DCM using the replace option. Following is some example JCL. Please refer to the CA Reference Guide for further details.
//CAS9DB1 EXEC PGM=CAS9DB,REGION=4M
//*ENFDB DD DISP=SHR,DSN=cai.enfdb
//DBOUT DD SYSOUT=*
//DBIN DD *
INST DB(*) ID(CAS9DCM4) REPLACE
* USE THE FOLLOWING CONTROL CARD IF ENF IS NOT ACTIVE. THIS METHOD
* REQUIRES THE //ENFDB DD STATEMENT BE MODIFIED AND UNCOMMENTED.
* INST DB(ENFDB) ID(CAS9DCM4) REPLACE
NOTE: The ENF task must be recycled in order for this change to take effect.
- If upgrading from a level prior to SP6, it is recommended that a new ENF database be allocated and initialized. If you are planning to retain the existing database name, then you must allocate the new database on a different VOLSER unless you will perform an IPL to introduce the new database.
A new release of the ENF subcomponent, ENF/USS, is being delivered on this tape as it was also delivered on the r11 SP07 tape. This new release provides support of Unix System Services (USS) applications in 64-bit addressing mode. ENF/USS r2.1 will replace (delete) ENF/USS r1.0. Please be aware that the implementation (or back out) of this new release will require an IPL. Failure to IPL may result in an unscheduled outage.
- Included as part of ENF/CICS maintenance at this SP8 service level is APAR QO81807. Before implementing this new maintenance, all CICS regions that have been hooked by ENF/CICS must be shutdown. Implementing maintenance involves recycling ENF with a REINIT to pull in the maintenance that was applied. If QO81807 is already implemented on the system, then this item may be disregarded.
- Included as part of ENF/DB2 maintenance at this SP8 service level is APAR QO88696. After application of this maintenance, commands issued to the console for DB2 will now be secured in DB2 8.1 and above. If the command is issued via an MCS console, such as SDSF, the userid of the issuer will be validated for the appropriate access for the DB2 command. If the command is issued from the system console, userid SYSOPR will be validated.
If this APAR is being implemented for DB2 9.1 support, an IPL will be required. If implemented without an IPL DB2 9.1 requests will encounter S0C1 abends.
- Included as part of ENF/DB2 maintenance at this SP8 service level is APAR QO89719. Before implementing this new maintenance, be sure to apply CA Security/DB2 APAR QO89843.
- If upgrading the CAIENF/DB2 component from a level prior to SP05, an IPL will be required. Beginning at the SP05 service level, support for DB2 v8.1 was made available . If you are already running DB2 V8.1 and have implemented ENF/DB2 APAR QO61463, then an IPL is not required on behalf of ENF/DB2.
CA-GSS and/or GREXX
- Included as part of GSS maintenance at this SP8 service level is APAR QO89889. If you are a CA-Insight Performance Monitor for DB2 user, one of the following solutions is needed:
As an alternative to applying these fixes, a circumvention as stated is to Set CALL-GSS=NO in the data collector SYSPARMS.
NOTE: An IPL may be required to implement QO89889. Please read the problem description that accompanies this APAR for further details.
- UCIC256 (replaces fix UCIC245) - IDB2 r11.0.5 (FMID: ACID110)
- UCID173 (replaces fix UCID151) - IDB2 r11.5.2 (FMID: ACID110)
- Included as part of GSS maintenance at this SP8 service level is APAR QO82439. Following the installation of this maintenance, the following implementation tasks are required:
- Run the following job to load and compile the CA-GSS IMODS:
//jobname JOB .... //YS28LOAD PROC CAI='CAI.' <--- SET HLQ FOR CA-GSS Data sets. //RUN EXEC PGM=SRVMAINT //STEPLIB DD DISP=SHR,DSN=&CAI.CAILIB //SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=* //ISRVLOG DD SYSOUT=* //PDSISET DD DISP=SHR,DSN=&CAI.CAISYSI //ISET DD DISP=SHR,DSN=&CAI.SYSIMOD //SYSIN DD DUMMY // PEND //STEP1 EXEC YS28LOAD //SYSIN DD * * COPY IMODS PDSLOAD MEMBER $SRV1105 TO ISET FROM PDSISET - REPLACE IMOD $SRV_MVS_DATA * COMPILE IMODS COMPILE IMOD $SRV_MVS_DATA IN ISET STATUS PROD
- 'FORCE' may be required for the ISET statement, for example:
"ISET INTERNAL DSN &cai.sysimod FORCE DESC ..."
- Shut down and restart GSS to pick up the new IMODs.
- Included as part of GSS maintenance at this SP8 service level is APAR QO82493. Following the installation of this maintenance, the following implementation tasks are required:
- Run the following job to load and compile the CA-GSS IMODS:
//jobname JOB .... //YS28LOAD PROC CAI='CAI.' <--- SET HLQ FOR CA-GSS Data sets. //RUN EXEC PGM=SRVMAINT //STEPLIB DD DISP=SHR,DSN=&CAI.CAILIB //SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=* //ISRVLOG DD SYSOUT=* //PDSISET DD DISP=SHR,DSN=&CAI.CAISYSI //ISET DD DISP=SHR,DSN=&CAI.SYSIMOD //SYSIN DD DUMMY // PEND
//STEP1 EXEC YS28LOAD //SYSIN DD * * COPY IMODS PDSLOAD MEMBER $GNE1026 TO ISET FROM PDSISET - REPLACE IMOD $GNET_CNVID * COMPILE IMODS COMPILE IMOD $GNET_CNVID IN ISET STATUS TEST
- Shut down and restart GSS to pick up the new IMODs.
- There is maintenance for Agent Technologies on the SP8 service level tape. Please follow maintenance step #11 in the Getting Started Guide.
- If applying maintenance, after completing the APPLY, you will need to set the UID bit for file &AWORKDIR/services/bin/awservices. This can be done by running SAMPJCL job AINSTJ10.
- After completing the maintenance upgrade of Event Management from the SP7 tape or this SP8 tape, please follow the directions in PML QI80957 to correct the permission bits for two files.
- When applying maintenance to Event Management, please be sure to follow the maintenance steps outlined in the Getting Started Guide. In particular be sure to run the Pre-maintenance and Post-maintenance scripts as provided in SAMPJCL members EMPREMT and EMPOSTMT.
- To install Event Management on multiple systems, please refer to the Getting Started Guide Chapter 4: Post Installation Tasks under "Installing Multiple Systems - Event Management". Please note the following considerations:
- The mount points for the RO and RW directories should be identical on all systems.
- In Step 7 you are directed to run the TNGFWMIG job. This execution of this job may produce errors in the fwmig.err file, which may be ignored. Please see QI63447 for details.
- Each system should have a Datacom/TR database that can be used by the Event Management processes that require it. A local database may be created on each system, or a central database on a remote system may be used. To use a central database on a remote system, add the following environment variable to the PROFILE file on each system and export it:
- If applying maintenance to a previously installed 3.0 release of Event Management, there are some considerations to be aware of.
- The RO HFS must be mounted RW during maintenance jobs.
- This service pack and the previous SP05, SP6, and SP7 service packs, moves the PROFILE file from the RO HFS to the RW HFS and establish a symbolic link on the RO HFS. SAMPJCL job EMCPPROF can be used to do this (Getting Started Guide, Chapter 7, Step 22). This must be run on each system where Event Management will run. If SP05, SP6 or SP7 maintenance has been applied, this item may be skipped.