CA Software Change Manager r7.1 ITIL Verified Supplemental Components
4.1 Form Installation
4.2 Lifecycle Installation
4.3 Report Installation
6.0 Contacting Technical Support
This Readme file contains installation instructions for add-on Harvest components that satisfy ITIL-specified methodology and functionality.
ITIL (the IT Infrastructure Library) is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management in the world. ITIL provides a comprehensive and consistent set of best practices for IT service management, promoting a quality approach to achieving business effectiveness and efficiency in the use of information systems.
ITIL is based on the collective experience of commercial and government practitioners worldwide. This has been distilled into one reliable, coherent approach, which is fast becoming a de facto standard used by some of the world's leading businesses.
CA Software Change Manager r7.1 has been verified by Pink Elephant to be compatible with the ITIL Change Management process. In order to meet their compatibility requirements, ITIL-specific Harvest components were created including a Request for Change Form, a Basic Change Management Lifecycle and a Forward Schedule of Changes report.
- CA Software Change Manager version r7.1 server installation
- CA Software Change Manager version r7.1 Windows client installation
- Microsoft Word on Windows client machine, for report generation
The Pink Elephant verified components for Harvest consists of three parts: a Form, a Lifecycle, and a Task Bar Report.
- On a Windows client machine with the Harvest Admin interface installed, copy the file itilrfc.hfd into the %HARVESTHOME%Forms folder.
- Execute FormGen.exe (located in that folder).
- In the FormGen dialog, select the itilfrc.hfd from the list of available form definition files.
- Leave the Target Format as "HTML" and Select "Convert". The SQL and HTML files are then created in the folder.
- For the next step, you'll need access to the Harvest database using SQL*Plus. If you do not have access from this client machine, copy the 'ITIL Request for Change.sql ' file to a machine where SQL*Plus can be used, such as the Harvest server machine itself. Install the form into the Harvest database using:
sqlplus <user>/<password>[@< service_name >] @'ITIL Request for Change.sql ' itilrfc.log
- Copy the file 'ITIL Request for Change.htm' to the %HARVESTHOME%Forms folder of all client machines needing to use this form.
For more information about managing form types, refer to the chapter "Creating and Converting Form Types" in the Harvest Administrator Guide.
- On a client machine with the Harvest command-line interface installed, copy the file itilmodel.har into any directory you have access to.
- From a command prompt, CD to the directory containing itilmodel.har and issue the following command:
himpenv -b <broker> - usr <user> -pw <password> -f itilmodel.har
where <broker> is the Harvest Broker machine name and <user> and <password> that of a Harvest user (administrator) having privileges to create a Project in Harvest.
- Log into the Harvest Admin client interface and navigate Lifecycle Templates -> ITIL Basic Change Management -> States -> Change Initiation -. Processes and edit the properties of the "Create RFC" Create Package process. Change the Associated Form Type to "ITIL Request for Change". Select the "Defaults" tab and change the Default Name field, if desired. Select "OK".
For more information about himpenv, refer to the Harvest Reference Guide.
- On a Windows client machine with the Harvest GUI client interface installed, copy the file itil_fsc.vbs into the %HARVESTHOME%VB folder.
- Log into the Harvest Windows Admin or workbench GUI interface and select Tools -> Customize from the menu bar. Select the "Task Bar" tab.
- Add a new task by clicking the New button (the left button of the four buttons above the list of tasks). Type a name for your task bar button, such as "Forward Schedule of Changes". Press Enter.
- With the new task name selected, click the "Browse" button. browse to the %HARVESTHOME%VB folder, select the itil_fsc.vbs file, and click "Open". If desired, use the "Change Icon" button to change the icon associated with this new task bar button. Click "OK" and the new button will appear on your task bar.
For more information about customizing you Harvest Task Bar, refer to chapter "The Harvest Interface" in the Harvest User Guide.
The Forward Schedule of Changes (FSC) report is used to display information about unimplemented scheduled changes. The report queries the Harvest database for Project, Package and ITIL Request for Change (RFC) Form information. The report allows the user to select a Project (or a set of Projects) and a forward-looking time period (in days) for which to perform the query. Any RFC with a "Scheduled Implementation Date" within the specified time period and having no recorded "Actual Implementation Date" will be included in the report. Overdue changes ( RFC's that have schedule dates in the past) are also reported.
To run the report, click the associated button in your Harvest task bar. The Harvest context dialog is displayed. To generate a report for a single Project, select that Project in the dialog and click "OK". Only the Project value from the dialog is recognized by the report. Selecting a State, Package, etc. has no effect.
To run the report for a set of Projects, select <No Project> and click "OK". You will then be presented with a dialog allowing you to type a project name using wildcards. Multiple-character and single-character wildcards are supported, in both common and SQL conventions. The characters "*" and "%" match zero or more characters, and "?" and "_" (underscore) each match exactly one character. Multiple wildcards are allowed, in any positions. Some examples: To match any Project name beginning with "ABC", use ABC* or ABC%. To match any Project name containing "ABC", use *ABC* or %ABC%. A?C * or A_C% will match any project names beginning with "A", followed by any single character, followed by "C".
Once the Project is selected, or a wildcard Project name is specified, you are presented with a dialog allowing you to specify the time range for the report. Enter the number of future days to forecast. For example, to look at RFC's scheduled for the coming week, enter 7 and click "OK". The report will then be generated, and displayed as a Word document with your Harvest GUI.
See https://support.ca.com for the latest product information. For further technical assistance with AllFusion Harvest CM, contact Technical Support at 1-800-833-7528 Hours 0800-1800 CST.
Please register to download the ITIL Components for AllFusion Harvest CM r7.1