1.0 Welcome 2.0 Operating System Support 3.0 System Requirements 3.1 Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager Server Requirements 3.2 Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager Client Requirements 3.3 Unicenter AutoSys Requirements 3.4 Java Requirements 3.5 Mainframe Requirements 3.6 Servlet Environment Requirements 3.7 Browser Requirements 3.8 Portal Requirements 3.9 Event Management Requirements 4.0 Installation Considerations 4.1 General Installation Considerations 4.2 Continuing Installation After an Unsuccessful Portal Connection Attempt 4.3 Uninstalling Embedded Advantage Ingres 4.4 Silent Install Response File Compatibility 4.5 Updating an Existing Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager r1 Installation 4.6 Silent Update 4.7 Silent Install in SSL Mode 5.0 General Considerations 5.1 Getting Started Guide 6.0 Known Issues 6.1 Java Plug-in 6.2 JDK 1.4.1 with Windows XP and ATI Video Cards 6.3 Sun JRE 1.4.1_03 Issue 6.4 IE6 Service Pack 1 Failure When an SSL Self-signed Certificate is Detected 6.5 Unicenter AutoSys Blank Passwords 6.6 Portal Installation Failure 6.7 Unicenter CA-7, CA-CPS, and CAICCI Outages 6.8 CA-7 Job Creation Defaults 6.9 Portal Workgroups Not Created During Installation 6.10 CA Common Communication Interface (CAICCI) Installation Considerations 6.11 IKERNAL.EXE Application Error when Installing Sun JRE on Windows XP 6.12 Ingres Default Installation Folder 6.13 Calendar Control Uses Specific Date Format 6.14 Allowable Character Set for AutoSys 4.5 6.15 Global Variable Name Truncation in AutoSys 4.5 6.16 Cancel Future Change Status Events 6.17 Job Status Console Optimization 6.18 Support for Mozilla 1.6 6.19 Job Editor Calendar Object 6.20 CCI Link Names 6.21 Job Flow Monitoring Properties Tab 6.22 Server List for User Definition in Configuration 6.23 Job Status Console Properties Subtab 6.24 Portal Install May Not Correctly Install All Workgroups 6.25 SAP DLLs Required 6.26 Filter Criteria Wildcards 7.0 Contacting Customer Support
Welcome to Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager, Release 1.0, Service Pack 3 (r1 SP3). This Readme file contains important information to help you with the implementation of the product, including installation considerations, operating system and database support information, documentation updates, known issues, and how to contact Computer Associates Customer Support.
For the latest version of this Readme, visit https://support.ca.com
The following list comprises the Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager compatible platforms:
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server Service Pack 3 (Client and Server)
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server Service Pack 3 (Client and Server)
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 3 (Client only)
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server (Client and Server)
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack1 (Client only)
- Red Hat Linux 6 (Client only)
- Solaris 8 (Client only)
- HP-UX 10.20 (Client only)
- IBM AIX 5.1 (Client only)
The following sections provide system requirement information for Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager.
A CD-ROM drive is required for installation. The required processor, memory, and disk space for either operating system depends upon factors such as the number of users, the number of objects published, and the size of the objects. The portal minimum hardware requirements are:
- 1 GHz Pentium III processor.
- Minimum 1 GB of RAM; 2 GB recommended.
- 900 MB of hard disk space for the installation, including the embedded portal.
- 750 MB of hard disk space for the installation if you are installing into an existing portal instance.
- Screen resolutions for client machines must be a minimum of 1024 x 768.
- Enough disk space to store the objects in the portal server repository. Total disk space requirements typically grow as users publish information over time.
- 400 MB of additional hard disk space for installation of CCS for Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager.
On the Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager Client machine, the minimum requirements are:
- At least 512 MB RAM; 1 GB recommended.
- 500 MHz Processor; 1 GHz or more recommended.
3.3.1 Unicenter AutoSys Job Management 4.0 Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager supports the following Unicenter AutoSys Job Management 4.0 databases:
- Sybase System 11.9.2, 11.9.3, 12.0, 12.5
- Oracle 7.3, 8.0.1- 6, 8i, 9i
- Microsoft SQL Server 6.5, 7, 2000 The following Unicenter AutoSys Job Management 4.0 patches to the Unicenter AutoSys Job Management Listener (Unicenter AutoSys JM Listener) and the JIL are required on the Event Processor machine. You must have the Java™ Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.4+ installed as a prerequisite for these patches. The first patch for each operating system is the patch to the Unicenter AutoSys JM Listener. The JIL patches are identified by database type: IBM AIX:
- QO40420 (Unicenter AutoSys JM Listener – supported on IBM AIX 4.3.3 [JRE 1.3x with the JSSE package], AIX 5.1 and 5.2 [JRE 1.4])
- QO37761 (JIL - Sybase)
- QO37765 (JIL - Oracle; AIX 4.3 +)
- QO37764 (JIL - Oracle; AIX 4.2 Only) Note: IBM AIX 4.3.3 requires additional prerequisites to install the Unicenter AutoSys JM Listener. Details of these operating system requirements are available from Computer Associates Customer Support. HP:
- QO40421 (Unicenter AutoSys JM Listener – supported on HP 11 and HP 11i)
- QO37762 (JIL - Sybase)
- QO37766 (JIL - Oracle) Linux:
- QO40422 (Unicenter AutoSys JM Listener – supported on Red Hat 7.2 and 7.3, Red Hat Advanced server 2.1, and SuSE 8.1)
- QO37763 (JIL - Sybase)
- QO37768 (JIL - Oracle) Windows NT/2000:
- QO40418 (Unicenter AutoSys JM Listener – supported on Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, and Windows XP)
- QO37757 (JIL - Sybase)
- QO37758 (JIL - Oracle)
- QO37759 (JIL - MSSQL) Sun:
- QO40419 (Unicenter AutoSys JM Listener – supported on Solaris 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, and 2.9)
- QO37760 (JIL - Sybase)
- QO33767 (JIL - Oracle; Sun 2.5.X only)
- QO37771 (JIL - Oracle; Sun 2.6 +) 3.3.2 Unicenter AutoSys Job Management 4.5 Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager supports the following Unicenter AutoSys Job Management 4.5 databases:
- Sybase System 11.9.2, 11.9.3, 12.0, 12.5
- Oracle 8.0.6, 8i, 9i
- Microsoft SQL Server 7, 2000 Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager supports both the use of the Unicenter AutoSys Job Management Java Listener and Unicenter AutoSys Job Management Remote Command Service (RCS). To use the Unicenter AutoSys Job Management Java Listener, you must apply the same Unicenter AutoSys Job Management Java Listener patch as is detailed in Section 3.3.1 above, or install the appropriate Java Listener from the Unicenter AutoSys Job Management 4.5 installation CD. To use RCS, you must install this from the Unicenter AutoSys Job Management 4.5 installation CD, and then apply a Unicenter AutoSys Job Management 4.5 patch to upgrade the Remote Command Service version to be compatible with Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager Service Pack 2. For details on obtaining this patch, contact CA Customer Support. 3.3.3 Alarm Management Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager supports acknowledging and closing AutoSys alarms. A patch to Unicenter AutoSys Job Management is required for this functionality. Please see the Event Management Requirements section for additional information.
Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager Servlet engines use JRE 1.4.2_02. This JRE is installed as a private JRE.
The following are the minimum requirements for your z/OS server only:
- Unicenter CA-7 Job Management Version 3.3, FMIDs CL233S0 and CL233C0 at SP5, and APARs QO62550 and QO62551, or SP6.
- CA-CPS (CA-Common Product Services), FMID CWR1000 and APAR QO28772
- TCP/IP (IBM or Unicenter TCPaccess Communications Server)
- CA Common Services for z/OS and OS/390 SP2 or higher versions
- CAIRIM (CA Resource Initialization Manager), FMID CS91000
- CAICCI (CA Common Communications Interface), FMID CW41100
- CA-ViewPoint, FMID CWC2000 or CAG3000
- CAIENF (CA Event Notification Facility), FMID CW11000, CW21000
- CA-C Language Runtime Facility, FMID CF33100
No Web server is required to install or run Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager. Apache™ Tomcat 4.1.29 is delivered with Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager. Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager has been fully tested in the Apache Tomcat environment.
- Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager supports the following web browsers and versions:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0
- Mozilla 1.6
- Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager requires the JRE browser plug-in version 1.4.1 or 1.4.2 to be installed. Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0 automatically downloads the correct version of the plug-in. If you are using a Mozilla browser, ensure that the JRE 1.4.1 or 1.4.2 is installed on the machine before you use Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager.
- The automatic download of the JRE browser plug-in is dependent on a minimal JRE being present on the client machine. For Windows XP and Windows 2003, a minimal JRE may not be available. If you are using Windows XP or Windows 2003, ensure that JRE 1.4.1 or 1.4.2 is installed on the machine before you use Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager. The Java plug-in can be downloaded from java.sun.com/products/archive/index.html.
- We recommend that you use the JRE browser plug-in version 1.4.2_xx. However, this family of JRE browser plug-ins has a known issue with downloading multiple copies of JAR files in some situations when an applet is opened. Although this will not impact UEJM performance, it may affect other Java-based applications. A workaround is available for this problem. For details, please contact CA Customer Support.
Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager can be installed to the following:
- CleverPath™ Portal 4.51
- Embedded CleverPath Portal 4.51 with embedded Advantage™ Ingres 2.6 with Ingres SP2
Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager supports Event Management using Unicenter Event Management and CA Common Services Event Management. The following Job Managers require a PTF to be configured to send event messages to a consolidated Event Console:
- Unicenter CA-7 JM
- Unicenter Scheduler JM
- Unicenter Jobtrac JM To set up Unicenter AutoSys JM Alarm Management, a PTF is required for the AutoSys Event Processor. This patch is identified by database type, operating system, and Unicenter AutoSys Job Management version. The patch is available on https://support.ca.com.
The following sections provide information relating to the installation of Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager. In addition to this information, the Known Issues section of this Readme file may contain information about issues known to exist in this version relating to the installation process.
- If you have previously installed the Advantage™ Ingres Database Client packaged with Unicenter Network and Systems Management (NSM) 3.0 or 3.1 on the Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager target server, you cannot perform a Typical installation of Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager (installation with embedded portal and embedded Advantage Ingres) or Custom installation that includes the embedded portal and embedded Advantage Ingres.
- The embedded portal cannot be installed from a network drive that is not mapped to a letter drive (e.g., "X"). To install from a network drive, map the shared network drive (for example, map \serverdrive to X:), then install from that drive.
- During installation, the Host Access Link screen allows you to create a default link to a 3270 mainframe. If you do so, the installation verifies that the host exists on your network. If you are not connected to the network, or if the host is unavailable, you must do one of the following to complete the installation:
- Select the Skip option and click Next to skip this installation step.
- Enter localhost for the host name.
- The Portal URL should use the machine name or IP address, not localhost, when running Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager on a local machine.
- When two users edit or delete the same object, the last change entered prevails. This is consistent with what occurs on the back-end job management server.
- When referring to the documentation for your portal, ensure that you are using the correct documentation for the specific version of the portal on which Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager is installed.
- The embedded version of CleverPath Portal 4.51 does not provide a Getting Started guide. This version of CleverPath Portal provides online help only.
The Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager documentation set no longer includes the Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager Getting Started guide. The information formerly found in the Getting Started guide is now located in the Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager Administrator Guide, which can be obtained from ca.com/supportconnect. The Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager Administrator guide has a document ID (DID) J00774-1E. To search for the guide on SupportConnect, use the DID number.
The following sections provide information about issues known to exist in this version. In addition to this information, the Installation Considerations section of this Readme file may contain information about issues known to exist in this version relating to the installation process.
The Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager Client requires Java JRE browser plug-in version 1.4.1 or 1.4.2 to be installed. Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0 automatically downloads the correct version of the plug-in. If you are using a Mozilla browser, you must ensure that the JRE 1.4.1 or 1.4.2 is installed on the machine before you use Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager. The Java plug-in can be downloaded from java.sun.com/products/archive/index.html.
According to the Sun bug database, there is a known issue with running the JDK 1.4.1 on machines running Windows XP ( Service Pack 1) and ATI video cards. The Sun bug number is 4713003. This issue stems from a known problem with JDK 1.4.1 and the ATI video card. The problem manifests with graphical Java applications generating a bluescreen. To work around this issue, perform the following procedure:
- Disable the onboard video from the Windows Device Manager for the current profile.
- Restart the machine.
- Change the display settings to 1024x768 with 24-bit color.
There is a known issue in Sun JRE 1.4.1_03 that causes a security exception in the Crimson XML parser used in the Unicenter Administration function. This bug also exists in some Beta versions of Sun JRE 1.4.2. The Sun Bug number for the JRE 1.4.2 problem is 4814720.
Microsoft Internet Explorer may crash after asking repeatedly if you would like to accept the Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager self-signed certificate for its default SSL configuration. The problem appears to occur only with Internet Explorer 6.0 Service Pack 1. To work around this problem, install the self-signed certificate into your browser trusted certificate store. To do so, select View Certificate when prompted, and install the certificate. Note: Perform this procedure only if you are confident of the identity of the machine from which you are accepting the certificate. Consult with your system administrator prior to accepting unknown certificates.
This version of Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager does not support the use of a blank password for Unicenter AutoSys. This functionality will be available in a future version of the Unicenter AutoSys Job Management 4.0 Listener. If you attempt to access a Unicenter AutoSys server using a blank password from either Administration or Monitoring, you receive an error message.
The installation of the embedded portal may fail under the following circumstances:
- Advantage Ingres is currently installed on the system.
- Environmental entries from a previous version of Advantage Ingres are present on the system. Both of these circumstances can cause Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager to fail to contact the embedded portal during the installation. In the second case, if this occurs, stop the installation when prompted and remove all Advantage Ingres environmental entries. For information on this procedure, refer to the Installation Considerations section of this file.
If a Unicenter CA-7 system, or the CAICCI connection to a Unicenter CA-7 system, becomes unavailable, the jobs from that system cannot be viewed in Business Scheduling Views (BSVs). Access to Unicenter CA-7 systems may be inhibited due to a variety of causes including normal maintenance, system outages, CAICCI errors, or network outages. In a typical production environment, this is an infrequent event. The primary symptom of this condition is that jobs normally visible in a BSV are not displayed. If this condition occurs, perform the following procedure to recover:
- Determine the type of outage based on log messages. To view the log messages, open the file:
install root/logs/application/monitoring/uejm_monitor_servlet.log on the Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager server. In addition, you may find related messages on the console of the target mainframe system.
- Correct the outage condition in the target Unicenter CA-7 system or in the associated network connections. If any sessions remain open on the target Unicenter CA-7 system, close these sessions by stopping and restarting CA-CPS on the mainframe system.
- When the target Unicenter CA-7 system is brought back on line, the Job Flows containing jobs from the previously unavailable target system must be refreshed. To do so, either resynch the Job Flows individually, or restart the Monitoring service (CA-Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager Monitoring Server).
- For a small number of Job Flows containing jobs from the target server, it may be easier to resynch the Job Flows individually.
- Restarting the Monitoring service forces users to log out of the portal and log back in to re-connect to Monitoring. This solution may be preferable, as it ensures that all users have a refreshed view.
When you create new Unicenter CA-7 jobs, the following fields use values from the Unicenter CA-7 DEFAULTS job if these fields are left empty and a DEFAULTS job is defined in Unicenter CA-7:
- Job Network
- Recovery ARFSET
- Average Time
- WLB class
- Message class
- Job and Dataset Lead time
- Termination Processing - Fail code
- Messages - Notify terminal
- Tape resource amounts for Tape1 and Tape2
- JCL ID and JCL library
If your Portal installation uses the Microsoft JDBC driver (com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver) for MS SQL Server, this driver must be correctly installed prior to installing Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager. The driver must also be present in the %PORTAL_DIR%webpagesweb-inflib folder (where %PORTAL_DIR% is the existing Portal installation folder). If these conditions are not met, all Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager Portal content is created, but the default Portal workplaces are not created. If this occurs, you can create a workplace by dragging the Portlets from the Portal library. See the documentation for your specific portal for information on creating workplaces.
Two versions of the CA Common Communication Interface (CAICCI) are installed as an integral component of many Computer Associates products. These versions are the Standalone and the Integrated (with Unicenter NSM or CA Common Services (CCS) installations). The functionality offered in both versions is the same. Only the installation protocol is different. Review the following considerations:
- Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager includes a new release of the Standalone version of CAICCI. With this release, this component registers Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager as a user of the component. If you have already installed a Computer Associates product that uses the previous release of the Standalone version (typically Unicenter AutoSys Job Management 4.0 or Unicenter CA-7 Webstation component), the installation of Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager automatically updates the older release.
- When the older release of the Standalone CAICCI is updated, all products using the previous release of the Standalone version are registered as a user of CAICCI. This prevents CAICCI from being automatically removed when one of these products is uninstalled. However, when the last product using the Standalone version of CAICCI is removed, CAICCI remains on the system and can be explicitly uninstalled. For information on uninstalling the Standalone version of CAICCI, contact Computer Associates Customer Support, as described in the Contacting Customer Support section of this Readme.
- If you install a product that uses a previous release of the Standalone version of CAICCI (typically Unicenter AutoSys Job Management 4.0 or Unicenter CA-7 Webstation component) following the installation of Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager you must apply a maintenance patch for your system to work correctly. For additional information on this maintenance patch, contact Computer Associates Customer Support, as described in the Contacting Customer Support section of this Readme.
- In most cases, the installation of Unicenter NSM or products that include an installation of CA Common Services (CCS) on the same machine as the Standalone version of CAICCI results in the creation of a second instance of the CAICCI configuration file (ccirmtd.rc) on the system. When CAICCI is restarted after the new product is installed, it attempts to copy the ccirmtd.rc file that was previously customized, so that all products using CAICCI share any customized entries. When the entries are copied, the original customized ccirmtd.rc file is renamed to ccirmtd.rc.bak.
- If the CAICCI configuration file (ccirmtd.rc) is customized by running the NSM Connection Wizard or by editing the ccirmtd.rc file with a text editor before CAICCI is restarted, the copy is not completed. In this case, the customizations made in the original ccirmtd.rc file must be manually entered to the ccirmtd.rc file customized by the second product installed. Also, we recommend that the ccirmtd.rc file installed by the original product be manually renamed to ccirmtd.rc.bak.
- If a product that uses CAICCI is subsequently removed from the system, the following can occur, depending on the sequence of product installation and uninstallation:
- The ccirmtd.rc file to which the product points can be removed. To ensure proper functioning of the system following uninstallation, we recommend that users manually back up the ccirmtd.rc file that contains the master set of customizations. This ensures that the most current version of ccirmtd.rc file is used with the remaining products that use CAICCI.
- The Windows system path reference to the CA_APPSW directory can be removed. If this occurs, restore the reference to the CA_APPSW directory into the system path. Typically, this entry is C:CA_APPSW. For additional information, contact Computer Associates Customer Support, as described in the Contacting Customer Support section of this Readme.
When installing the Sun JRE on a Windows XP machine with Service Pack 1 and Windows XP Hotfix Q328310 applied, an error similar to the following may be seen:
IKERNAL.EXE Application Error Instruction at 0x771c741a. There is a known conflict between the InstallShield program used to install the Sun JRE and Windows XP Hotfix Q328310. To resolve this problem, consult the following:
The instruction at "0x771c741" referenced memory at "0x00163b60."
The memory could not be "read." Click on OK to terminate the program.
By default, the embedded Ingres installed with the embedded Portal is installed to the C drive of the target server. To install embedded Ingres to an alternate drive, do the following:
- Copy the Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager installation from the CD to a local hard drive.
- Open the default.properties file in portalinstall/portal. In the file, search for the following section:
# Embedded Ingres Install Directory # This argument is only applicable if DB_TYPE=ingres, DB host is the local machine & # Ingres is not already installed. # If you wish to install Embedded Ingres in the default location, please leave this value blank. # To install Embedded Ingres in another location, please specify the directory here. # Please specify DOUBLE BACK SLASH in directory path for Windows. # e.g C:\Ingres # %INGRES_INSTALL_DIR%= 3. To modify the Ingres install directory, change the parameter according to the instructions in the file. Then, proceed with the install.
The Calendar control in the Administration feature of Service Pack 2 (and previous versions) does not currently support locale-specific data. If you enter a date in a format other than MM/DD/YYYY, the format will automatically be altered to fit into this number sequence, which may result in unexpected results.
The following characters are allowed for AutoSys:
- All alpha characters, upper and lower case
- All numeric characters
- Special Characters:
- Allowed characters: @ # $ - _ . [ ] %7B %7D
- Characters not allowed in object names: : ; " ' ?
- Characters allowed in dependency expressions and references but not object names: < > & ^ ( ) |
Currently, Unicenter AutoSys Job Management 4.5 only allows 30 characters for a Global Variable name, rather than the 64 characters indicated in the published documentation. A patch for Unicenter AutoSys Job Management is required if you want to enter Global Variables that are over 30 characters in length. For details on obtaining this patch, contact CA Customer Support.
A limitation in Unicenter AutoSys Job Management 4.5 prevents future change status events from being canceled based on time. A patch for Unicenter AutoSys Job Management is required in order to cancel future change status events based on time. For details on obtaining this patch, contact CA Customer Support.
The default settings for Job Status Console can be optimized to improve performance. Please review the following settings for your environment: maxProcessors: This value should be set to twice the maximum expected number of users. This parameter is set in <Install Root>Unicenter Enterprise Job ManagerJobStatusConsoleServerconfserver.xml. maxmemory: The default value is 384. This value can be increased so that the server is not memory-bound. This parameter is set in <Install Root>Unicenter Enterprise Job ManagerJobStatusConsoleServerJobSServerconfwrapper.conf, and is the wrapper.java.maxmemory parameter. If these values are set too low, you may encounter a Job Status Console out of memory error.
The Job Command Center portlets are not currently supported in the Mozilla 1.6 browser.
If the calendar is on a year other than the current year and you click the Today button, the calendar will change to the current year. However, the day will not be selected in the calendar. You must click the Today button again to select the day in the calendar.
The following special characters are not supported in CCI Link names: " '
The following Unicenter AutoSys Job Management job properties do not update in Job Flow Monitoring if they are changed in the Job Editor or through the Unicenter AutoSys Job Management command line utilities. To update these fields, you must resynch the Job Flow that displays them or restart the CA‑Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager Monitoring Server. Unicenter AutoSys Job Management (file watcher jobs only):
- File to Watch
- Watch Interval
- Watched File Minimum Size Unicenter AutoSys Job Management (all jobs, including file watcher jobs):
In Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager r1, r1 SP1, and r1 SP2, users could be restricted to seeing only servers specified by the system administrator. This functionality was removed in r1 SP3. However, if your configuration data contains assigned servers, the users will continue to see only the servers that they are assigned, and will not be able to see new servers that are defined for the enterprise. To manually modify the appropriate configuration file so that users can see all servers, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager server machine locally, and stop the Configuration service (CA-Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager Configuration Server).
- Navigate to the <install root>ConfigServerconfigworking directory, and open profiles.xml in a text editor. The entry for a user with an assigned server list resembles the following:
<user adminobjectdisplaynumber="100" bsvsummaryrefreshinterval="30" monitorrefreshinterval="30" name="username" nativeterm="generic" servers="ACE,ONE,TWO,THREE,FOUR"/>
- Modify the entry so that it resembles the following:
<user adminobjectdisplaynumber="100" bsvsummaryrefreshinterval="30" monitorrefreshinterval="30" name="username" nativeterm="generic" servers=""/> Or, to add the new server to the servers parameter, modify the entry so that it resembles the following:
<user adminobjectdisplaynumber="100" bsvsummaryrefreshinterval="30" monitorrefreshinterval="30" name="username" nativeterm="generic" servers="ACE,ONE,TWO,THREE,FOUR,FIVE"/>
- Save profiles.xml, then restart the Configuration service (CA-Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager Configuration Server).
- Log in to Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager, open Configuration, and deploy.
- In the new time-stamp directory that is created, check to make sure that the entry has changed in profiles.xml.
When you modify the properties displayed on the Job Status Tab (Properties subtab), then return to the Jobs subtab, an application error may occur. Click Retry to continue.
In some cases, the Delivery Studio feature of Portal does not correctly associate all the sample users with workgroups (for example, ejmcommander with the EJM_JobStatusConsole workgroup). For a full description of the workgroups assigned to the sample users, see the Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager Administrator Guide.
- Login to Portal as the admin user. The admin user's workplace opens. Click My Profile.
- The Profile page opens. Click Portal Administration.
- The Portal Administration page opens. In the right pane, click Manage Users.
- The Manage Users page opens. In the Username text area, select the user that does not have the desired access, and click Edit.
- Add the workgroups that are needed to give the user the desired access, and click Save.
The SAP Java Connector requires the following runtime DLLs:
- MSVCP60.DLL You must ensure that these DLLs are present in the Windows path. They are typically located in the Windowssystem32 directory. If either of these modules is not present on the installed system, you can obtain them directly from Microsoft. For information about obtaining and installing the SAP Java Connector, see Chapter 6 in the Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager Administrator Guide.
In SQL queries, you can use both the % and _ characters as wildcards in all filter expressions in both Job Status Console and Job Flow Design and Monitoring.
For online technical assistance and a complete list of locations, primary service hours, and telephone numbers, contact Customer Support at http://ca.com/support.
- If you are running performance monitoring or antivirus software, you may experience a problem completing the installation. If you receive a message indicating that a .DLL is in use or that a file is locked, stop the performance monitoring or antivirus software, and select the option to re-try the installation.
- If Advantage Ingres has been installed on the target server for the Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager installation, consult with a customer support representative before installing Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager, including the embedded portal.
- When installing Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager on Windows servers that are Terminal Services server machines, you must install and uninstall using the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove Programs feature.
- We recommend that you do not install this version of Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager and the Unicenter CA-7 Distributed Job Management Agent on the same Windows server.
- If you have installed Unicenter CA-7 Job Management Webstation Option and Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager on the same Windows server, uninstalling Unicenter CA-7 Job Management Webstation Option removes files required for Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager to run. You should, therefore, uninstall both products and reinstall Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager.
- We recommend that you do not run Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager and Unicenter Explorer on the same client machine.
After the Portal is installed, the installation protocol attempts to connect to the Portal. If this connection attempt is not successful, you will get a message asking you whether to attempt the connection again. If you get this message, use the following steps to proceed with the installation:
- Leave the connection error dialog up.
- Verify that the Portal service is running from the Windows Service Control Manager.
- Open a browser and connect to <http://localhost:8080>. If you receive an HTTP 500 error, do the following:
- Stop the portal instance by executing the stopportal.bat batch file, which is located in the CleverPath Portal folder in the Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager install directory.
- Restart the Portal service from the Windows Service Control Manager, and ensure that the service has fully started. This frequently takes longer than is indicated by the Windows Service Control Manager.
- Open a new browser window, and connect to <http://localhost:8080>. You will see the Portal login page. If you do not see the Portal login page, click the Refresh button. It may take up to three minutes for the Portal to be ready to take requests.
- After you see the Portal login page in the browser window, return to the connection error dialog and select "Yes" so that the Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager install can attempt the connection again. The install should now proceed normally.
If you uninstall Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager, including the embedded portal, the embedded portal uninstaller leaves embedded Advantage Ingres on the machine. This is a limitation of the embedded portal uninstaller. You must uninstall embedded Advantage Ingres before you can reinstall the embedded portal or Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager. To remove the installation of embedded Advantage Ingres, perform the following procedure:
- In the Windows Services panel, stop the Advantage Ingres [II] Intelligent Database Service.
- From the Start menu, select Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs.
- In the Add/Remove Programs dialog, select Advantage Ingres Enterprise Edition.
- Click the Change/Remove button and complete the steps in the uninstallation wizard to uninstall Advantage Ingres.
- Verify that the II_SYSTEM environment variable has been removed. If it is still present, delete it.
- Restart your system.
Silent install response files generated with Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager 1.0 cannot be used to install Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager r1 SP1, r1 SP2, or r1 SP3. In order to silently install Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager r1 SP1, r1 SP2, or r1 SP3, generate the response file using the Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager r1 SP1, r1 SP2, or r1 SP3 installation program. See the Administrator guide for details on using the silent installation.
During the process of updating an existing Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager r1 installation to SP1, SP2, or SP3, a folder named ejm_backup will be created under the current Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager installation directory. This folder contains logs and configuration files relevant to the current install instance, and is created for archival purposes (.keystore, cacerts, Apache Tomcat logs). If you have modified a .keystore or cacerts file, these files can be restored from this folder once the upgrade installation is complete. If you are upgrading from Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager r1 SP1 to r1 SP3, the cacerts file in <install root>Jrelibsecurity is renamed during the installation, and a new cacerts file is installed. To use your previous cacerts file, re-name the new file, then restore the name of the original file to cacerts. If you install Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager r1 in express mode, then upgrade to r1 SP3, then uninstall, the Portal content is not uninstalled. You must manually delete the Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager content using the Portal Administrator user interface. If you have already installed CleverPath Portal in SSL mode and want to install Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager into it, or you have already configured the embedded Portal to run in SSL mode for a prior release of Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager and you want to upgrade to r1 SP3, contact Customer Support to obtain a detailed procedure. If the target server for Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager has a machine name that starts with a number, the SSL modifications for the Portal in Chapter 9 of the Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager Administrator Guide require additional steps. Contact Customer Support to obtain a detailed procedure for completing the installation in full SSL mode. If you installed PEK 4.01 and then installed Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager in express mode, the r1 SP3 Portal content may not publish correctly due to limitations on this functionality in Portal 4.01. Contact Customer Support to obtain a detailed procedure on how to correct this. If you modify any of the installation parameters during the update process (for example, port numbers or the SSL/Non-SSL selection), these parameters will be reflected in the updated installation. If you are upgrading from Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager r1, r1 SP1, or r1 SP2, the default Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager template and associated login page are not automatically installed due to restrictions in the Portal upgrade process and the requirement that selections made previously by users and system administrators not be overridden. The template and login page files are provided on disk 1 of the UEJM installation media. To install these features, use the following steps:
- Copy portal_update_files.zip from the portalupdate directory of disk 1 to the hard drive of the target UEJM server.
- Unzip portal_update_files.zip into a temporary directory. Note: You will move all the files from this directory during this process.
- Stop the Portal service from the Windows Services dialog.
- Delete the contents of the PORTAL_INSTALL_DIRjakarta-tomcat-3.3awork directory. The directory contents are recreated when you restart the Portal. Note: PORTAL_INSTALL_DIR is the directory into which Portal is installed. Typically, this is <drive>:Program FilesCAUnicenter Enterprise Job ManagerCleverPath Portal
- Navigate to PORTAL_INSTALL_DIRwebpagesjsplogin directory.
- Rename login.jsp to login.orig. Put login.jsp in this directory.
- Put castyles.css and the cssimages subfolder in PORTAL_INSTALL_DIRcontenthtmlstylesheets.
- Put calogoHorizontal.png and login_2_sidePxl.png in PORTAL_INSTALL_DIRcontentimagescommon.
- Restart the Portal service.
- To import the template, log in to the Portal as the admin user, then click My Profile. The My Profile page opens.
- Click Template Administration, then click Edit Template. The edit page for the currently selected template opens.
- The Template Editor page opens. Click Import.
- The Import form opens. Browse to CP_Portal.zip and select it so that the file name appears in the Import File edit field.
- For the Import action, select Create a new template.
- Click Import. The template is now available for use by Unicenter Enterprise Job Management users. This template provides a common look and feel for the Portal and Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager features, and can be selected by users as their template. You can also assign this as the default template when you add new users to the Portal, or assign this to the current users through the Manage Users feature of Portal Administration.
You cannot use the silent installation feature to upgrade or change features. This includes upgrading from Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager r1 to Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager r1 SP1, SP2, or SP3.
To install UEJM using a silent install in SSL mode, you must modify the generated response file prior to installing. Use the following steps:
- Open the response file in a text editor.
- Locate the following line: -W class_sslchoicepanel.SSL="ssl_yes"
- Change this line to: -W class_sslchoicepanel.SSL="$W(class_installconstants.INSTALL_SSL)"
- Save the response file, then proceed with the install.