CA ARCserve Backup r16
General Availability Announcement
To: CA ARCserve Customers
From: The CA Technologies ARCserve Product Team
Subject: General Availability Announcement for CA ARCserve Backup r16
Date: September 07, 2011
On behalf of CA Technologies, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our products. We are pleased to announce that CA ARCserve Backup r16 is now available.
This new release includes a wide range of enhancements that expand the breadth of protection, simplify management and speed recovery of your systems, applications and data. Some of the key features include:
- ARCHIVING: Reduce backup windows, network traffic and storage management costs by archiving data to disk, tape or the cloud. This is important to manage the growing volumes of data while reducing the drain on your physical resources, prolonging your infrastructure investment.
- INTEGRATED BACKUP COPY TO CLOUD STORAGE: Easily take advantage of cloud services as part of a D2D2C backup policy for remote, off-site protection, archiving or additional storage capacity. It enables the flexibility of cloud services for your data protection and helps you to take advantage of operational budget instead of capital budget for your storage needs.
- SNAPSHOT AND FILE-LEVEL BACKUP INTEGRATION: Reduce risk and improve recovery times by using a combination of snapshot-based backups (CA ARCserve D2D) and traditional file-based backups (CA ARCserve Backup) to protect your servers. Quick recovery with this more efficient methodology, based on the type of outage, results in reduced downtime costs, increased employee productivity and more time for IT personnel to pursue strategic projects.
- SYNTHETIC FULL BACKUP: Reduce recovery time and complexity by providing a "full" backup picture to recover from, eliminating the tedious process of restoring multiple backups to recover to a specific point in time. This is important because it results in less downtime, a more reliable recovery process and reduced IT resource time.
- MIGRATE CA ARCSERVE D2D BACKUPS TO TAPE VIA THE CA ARCSERVE BACKUP CONSOLE: Storing data on tape is a requirement for many businesses that need to keep data long-term and/or off-site for future reference or recovery. You can easily clone CA ARCserve D2D backups to tape media, catalog with CA ARCserve Backup and enable recovery via the CA ARCserve Backup console with a single point of management.
- DISASTER RECOVERY OPTION BASED ON WINDOWS PREINSTALLATION ENVIRONMENT (WINPE): Provide a simple, standardized bare-metal restore process across various Windows platforms to enable quick recovery of a crashed server, resulting in reduced downtime, increased employee productivity and reduced costs.
- ENHANCED TAPE MANAGEMENT: Provide more efficient use of backup media and improve the ease of scheduling backup jobs, resulting in reduced media costs and enabling IT Administrators to accomplish more in less time.
We have included a Product Brief that details the features and highlights of this release. We also encourage you to visit the CA ARCserve Backup product information page on the CA Support Online website at https://support.ca.com for more information please visit http://arcserve.com/us/default.aspx.
Customers covered by an active maintenance contract are eligible to receive a free upgrade to the r16 release.
Active r15 Maintenance Customers
Active maintenance customers running r15 can download the software and upgrade directly to r16 as an in-place upgrade or they can perform a fresh install using their existing r15 license key.
Active r12.5 Maintenance Customers
Active maintenance customers running r12.5 can download the software and upgrade directly to r16 as an in-place upgrade or they can perform a fresh install using their existing r12.5 license key.
Active r12.0 Maintenance Customers
Active maintenance customers running r12 releases can download the software and use their existing r12 licenses key to perform a fresh installation.
To obtain your copy of CA ARCserve Backup r16 please contact CA Customer Care online at http://www.ca.com/us/customer-care.aspx where you can submit an online request using the Customer Care web form: https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/0/common/forms/customercareform.html. You can also call CA Customer Care at +1-800-225-5224 in North America or see http://www.ca.com/phone for the local number in your country.
Should you need any assistance in understanding these new features, or implementing this latest release, our CA Services experts can help. For more information on CA Services and how you can leverage our expertise, please visit www.ca.com/services.
In addition, we are proud to announce our new releases of CA ARCserve D2D r16, our disk-based infinite incremental snapshot backup and recovery solution, CA ARCserve Replication R16 and CA ARCserve High Availability R16, our data replication and real-time server/application monitoring and continuous availability solutions. We've also released our new suite of CA ARCserve Central Applications that enhance your CA ARCserve solution.
To review CA Support lifecycle policies, please review the CA Support Policy and Terms located at:
Thank you again for your business.