CA ARCserve Backup r15.0 for Windows
End of Service Announcement
Date: March 01, 2013
To: CA ARCserve Backup Customers
From: The CA Technologies CA ARCserve Product Team
Subject: End of Service Announcement for CA ARCserve Backup r15.0 for Windows
CA Technologies is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers. In accordance with the CA Support Policy and Terms (https://support.ca.com), please consider this letter your notification that we are discontinuing support for CA ARCserve Backup r15.0 for Windows beginning March 1st, 2014. This will allow our Development organization to more effectively focus its resources on and add value to next release of CA ARCserve Backup for Windows.
At this time, we encourage you to plan for the migration to CA ARCserve Backup r16.5 for Windows as soon as possible, so you can take full advantage of the latest new features and enhancements this release has to offer.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Operating System support
- Global Dedupe via Integration with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 NTFS De-duplication
- Exchange Server 2013 and SharePoint Server 2013 Support
- LTO6 drive and End to End Logical Block Protection support
- Automated and greatly improved speed of disk reclamation
- Additional Cloud storage support for Microsoft Windows Azure, Eucalyptus, Amazon S3, and others
- Greatly improved NTFS backup and restore performance
- ...Much More...
For additional information on CA ARCserve Backup r16.5, please visit http://www.arcserve.com/us/support.aspx.
As CA Technologies would like to help make your upgrade to CA ARCserve Backup r16.5 for Windows as straightforward and successful as possible, we are offering the following:
- A no-charge software upgrade from CA ARCserve Backup r15.0 for Windows to CA ARCserve Backup r16.5 for Windows for any customer with an active maintenance contract.
- Documentation to help prepare you for your upgrade to CA ARCserve Backup r16.5 for Windows can be viewed at http://www.arcserve.com/us/support.aspx.
- Qualified local CA ARCserve Partners are also able to assist in any or all parts of your upgrade, including analysis of your current system, preparation for the upgrade, testing, and performing the upgrade itself. For more information and a list of partners in your area please contact your local CA Channel Partner Group office, (http://www.ca.com/partners.aspx).
- CA Technologies is committed to providing superior support to our customers using our technology solutions. CA Extended Support, one of the CA Technologies support offerings, is designed to extend support for CA Technologies software product versions or releases that have reached their End of Service Date. Please visit our website, CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com), for more information.
If you have any questions regarding the support schedule, please contact CA ARCserve Support (arcserve.com/support), your local CA Account Manager, Customer Success Manager or CA Customer Care online at http://www.ca.com/us/customer-care.aspx where you can submit an online request using the Customer Care web form: https://communities.ca.com/web/guest/customercare. You can also call CA Customer Care at +1-800-225-5224 in North America or see http://www.ca.com/phone for the local number in your country.
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you.