CA ARCserve D2D r15.0 for Windows
End of Service Announcement
Date: March 01, 2013
To: CA ARCserve D2D Customers
From: The CA Technologies ARCserve Product Team
Subject: End of Service Announcement for CA ARCserve D2D r15.0 for Windows
CA Technologies is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers. In accordance with our CA Support Policy and Terms (https://support.ca.com), please consider this letter your written notification that we are discontinuing support for CA ARCserve D2D r15.0 for Windows beginning March 1st, 2014. This will allow our Development organization to more effectively focus its resources on and add value to the next release of CA ARCserve D2D for Windows.
At this time, we encourage you to plan for the migration to CA ARCserve D2D r16.5 for Windows as soon as possible, so you can take full advantage of the latest new features and enhancements this release has to offer.
- CA ARCserve D2D r16.5 supports the following Microsoft Windows 8 and Microsoft Windows Server 2012 features:
NTFS Data Deduplication
Windows 2012 allows you to enable deduplication on a NTFS volume. In CA ARCserve D2D, you can backup and restore the NTFS volume. It can also be specified as a backup destination and restore destination.
ReFS (Resilient File System)
ReFS is a new file system. In CA ARCserve D2D, you can backup and restore this file system. It can also be specified as a backup destination and restore destination.
A virtualization layout which can group a number of physical disks and create virtual disks on top of them. With this release, CA ARCserve D2D can backup and restore the virtual disks. The virtual disks can also be specified as a backup destination and restore destination.
- Catalog-less Backup
File system catalog generation is a time consuming task. With this feature you can choose not to generate a catalog file with every backup, and still be able to do a file level restore. This reduces the backup time window.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 (E15)
Backup and Restore of Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) is supported.
- UEFI Support
You can perform BMR from a backup taken on a UEFI machine to a BIOS machine and from a BIOS machine to a UEFI machine.
- Support for Eucalyptus 3.2
- ...Much More...
For additional information on CA ARCserve D2D r16.5 for Windows, please visit http://www.arcserve.com/us/support.aspx.
As CA Technologies would like to help make your upgrade to CA ARCserve D2D r16.5 for Windows as straightforward and successful as possible, we are offering the following:
- A no-charge software upgrade from CA ARCserve D2D r15.0 for Windows to CA ARCserve D2D r16.5 for Windows for any customer with an active maintenance contract.
- Documentation to help prepare you for your upgrade to CA ARCserve D2D r16.5 for Windows can be viewed at http://www.arcserve.com/us/support.aspx.
- Qualified local CA ARCserve Partners are also able to assist in any or all parts of the upgrade, including analysis of the current system, preparation for the upgrade, testing, and performing the upgrade itself. For more information and a list of partners in your area please contact your local CA Channel Partner Group office, (http://www.ca.com/partners.aspx).
- CA Technologies is committed to providing superior support to our customers using our technology solutions. CA Extended Support, one of the CA Technologies support offerings, is designed to extend support for CA Technologies software product versions or releases that have reached their End of Service Date. Please visit our website, CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com), for more information.
If you have any questions regarding the support schedule, please contact CA ARCserve Support (arcserve.com/support), your local CA Account Manager, Customer Success Manager or CA Customer Care online at http://www.ca.com/us/customer-care.aspx where you can submit an online request using the Customer Care web form: https://communities.ca.com/web/guest/customercare. You can also call CA Customer Care at +1-800-225-5224 in North America or see http://www.ca.com/phone for the local number in your country.
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you.