CA ARCserve Replication and High Availability r15.0
End of Service Announcement
Date: March 01, 2013
To: CA ARCserve Replication and High Availability Customers
From: The CA Technologies ARCserve Product Team
Subject: End of Service Announcement for CA ARCserve Replication and High Availability r15.0
CA Technologies is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers. In accordance with our CA Support Policy and Terms (https://support.ca.com), please consider this letter your written notification that we are discontinuing support for CA ARCserve Replication and High Availability r15.0 beginning March 1st, 2014. This will allow our Development organization to more effectively focus its resources on and add value to the next release of CA ARCserve Replication and High Availability.
At this time, we encourage you to plan for the migration to CA ARCserve Replication and High Availability r16.5 as soon as possible, so you can take full advantage of the latest new features and enhancements this release has to offer.
- Windows 2012 Support: RHA r16.5 supports the new features of Windows 2012 in all types of scenario. They include .net Framework 3.5, ReFS, De-Duplication, Storage Space support.
- Full System support Dynamic disk: Full System scenario supports Dynamic disk. Include simple, spanned, striped, mirrored, and RAID-5 volumes. Support both MBR and GPT partition styles.
- Full System support 1:N (Cascading Scenarios): Cascading Full System HA scenario is supported in r16.5. The user can now create any topology for the Full System scenario to make it more flexible even if the appliance hosts are on different virtual platforms. Each appliance host has its own virtual platform and virtual machine settings. AR testing, generate bookmark, Start/Stop VMs, Delete VM resources can be processed individually on each appliance host and related virtual platform.
- Full System scenario dynamically change VM settings: In RHA R16.5, Full System scenario allows users dynamically change Virtual Machine settings (include "CPU cores", "Memory Size", "Virtual Machine Name", "Physical Network Mappings for AR", "Physical Network Mappings" and "EC2 Instance Type" properties), when the Full System scenario is in running status.
- HBBU Integration: RHA r16.5 provides a new integration option for HBBU. RHA will connect to the HBBU server to get the policy and related backup destination as the master and auto discover all the backup VM files.
- Amazon Web Services regional support for Japan / Sydney / São Paulo Region Support: New Amazon Regions supported to bring even more flexibility.
- ...Much More...
For additional information on CA ARCserve Replication and High Availability r16.5, please visit http://www.arcserve.com/us/support.aspx.
As CA Technologies would like to help make your upgrade to CA ARCserve Replication and High Availability r16.5 as straightforward and successful as possible, we are offering the following:
- A no-charge software upgrade from CA ARCserve Replication and High Availability r15.0 to CA ARCserve Replication and High Availability r16.5 for any customer with an active maintenance contract.
- Documentation to help prepare you for your upgrade to CA ARCserve Replication and High Availability r16.5 can be viewed at http://www.arcserve.com/us/support.aspx.
- Qualified local CA ARCserve Partners are also able to assist in any or all parts of the upgrade, including analysis of the current system, preparation for the upgrade, testing, and performing the upgrade itself. For more information and a list of partners in your area please contact your local CA Channel Partner Group office, (http://www.ca.com/partners.aspx).
- CA Technologies is committed to providing superior support to our customers using our technology solutions. CA Extended Support, one of the CA Technologies support offerings, is designed to extend support for CA Technologies software product versions or releases that have reached their End of Service Date. Please visit our website, CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com), for more information.
If you have any questions regarding the support schedule, please contact CA ARCserve Support (arcserve.com/support), your local CA Account Manager, Customer Success Manager or CA Customer Care online at http://www.ca.com/us/customer-care.aspx where you can submit an online request using the Customer Care web form: https://communities.ca.com/web/guest/customercare. You can also call CA Customer Care at +1-800-225-5224 in North America or see http://www.ca.com/phone for the local number in your country.
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you.