CA arcserve Backup r16.5 Service Pack 1
General Availability Announcement
Date: May 14, 2014
To: CA arcserve Customers
From: The CA Technologies Data Management Product Team
Subject: General Availability Announcement for CA arcserve Backup r16.5 Service Pack 1
On behalf of CA Technologies, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide high-quality innovative software. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release new and updated versions of our products. Today, we are pleased to announce the availability of CA arcserve Backup r16.5 Service Pack 1.
CA arcserve Backup provides file-based data protection and complements CA arcserve Unified Data Protection (UDP) to provide tape archive capabilities for CA arcserve UDP recovery points.
CA arcserve Backup r16.5 Service Pack 1 contains all features delivered in CA arcserve Backup r16.5, Updates 1 through 3, and delivers several new features, including:
- Backup most recent recovery points generated by arcserve UDP to tape, with one-step file level restore
- Double tape copy for migrating data from Disk Staging and Deduplication Staging devices to two destinations or media simultaneously
- Removal of vSphere 5.5 support limitations for backup of VMs utilizing SATA device disk/CD/DVD ROM and backup of VMs utilizing Single Root I/O Virtualization Ethernet card (Virtual Sriov Ethernet Card)
- Support for Microsoft Windows 2012 Active Directory Federation Services VSS Writer
- Support for Microsoft Windows 2012 Message Queuing VSS Writer
- Job History now supports very large backup sizes
CA arcserve UDP is marketed through our traditional ecosystem of distribution and channel partners, as well as Managed Services Providers (MSPs).
We encourage you to visit the CA arcserve Backup product information page at www.arcserve.com for more information.
You can download a trial copy of CA arcserve Backup from the CA arcserve website www.arcserve.com.
If you have any questions or require assistance contact CA Customer Care online at http://www.ca.com/us/customer-care.aspx where you can submit an online request using the Customer Care web form: https://communities.ca.com/web/guest/customercare.
You can also call CA Customer Care at +1-800-225-5224 in North America or see http://www.ca.com/phone for the local number in your country.
To connect, learn and share with other customers, join and participate in our CA arcserve Global User Community at https://communities.ca.com/.
To review CA Support lifecycle policies, please review the CA Support Policy and Terms located at: https://support.ca.com/
Thank you again for your business.