Follow-up Announcement for CA TPX r5.2
End of Service
Date: April 2010
To: CA TPXä Session Management for z/OS Customers
From: The CA TPX Product Team
Subject: End of Service Follow-up Announcement for CA TPX r5.2
CA is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers. We would like to inform you that support for CA TPX r5.2 will be discontinued November 30, 2011.
At this time, we encourage you to upgrade to CA TPX r5.3 as soon as possible, so you can take full advantage of the latest new features and enhancements this release has to offer.
New features include:
- Dynamic Logmode
- Submenu Creation
- OS Extended Console Change
- "Batch Reset Integrity" Protection
- Support MVS symbols within VTAM Modeling
- TPX Application Rebuild
- TPX User Maintenance Panel Update
- SMF Type 05 and 06 Record Enhancement
- Route CA TPX Operator Commands to Other CA TPX Jobs
- Prevent Deletion of Default Profiles
- Enable Cross CA TPX Messaging via the console/TPXOPER "Send" Command
- Display Quiesce Status on Main CA TPX Menu
- CA Health Checker
- CA Mainframe Software Manager (MSM)
As CA would like to help make your upgrade to CA TPX r5.3 as straightforward and successful as possible, we are offering the following:
- Documentation to help prepare you for your upgrade to CA TPX r5.3 can be viewed at https://support.ca.com.
- CA is committed to providing superior support to our customers using our technology solutions. Extended Support, a Business Critical Custom Option is designed to extend support for CA products and releases that have been officially discontinued or reached their End of Service Date. Please visit our website, CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com), for more information.
If you have any questions regarding the support schedule, please contact CA TPX Technical Support at CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com). Our Technical Support Lifecycle Policy is also available at this site.
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you.