CA IDMS Server r5
End of Life Announcement
Date: June 2007
To: CA IDMS Server Customers
From: The CA IDMS Product Team
Subject: End of Service Announcement for CA IDMS Server r5
CA is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers. As an ongoing effort to continually improve our software and with the upcoming general availability of CA IDMS Server r16.1, support for r5 is scheduled to be discontinued as of July 15, 2008.
At this time, we encourage you to plan for the migration to CA IDMS Server r16.1, as soon as possible so you can take full advantage of the latest new features and enhancements this release has to offer. Enhancements in IDMS Server r16.1 include:
- The ODBC and JDBC drivers are now able to utilize Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) support for secure communication over TCP/IP.
- CA-IDMS Server 16.1 transparently supports the use of either IPv4 or IPv6 protocols in the JDBC type 3 and 4 drivers.
- CA IDMS Server r16.1 has enhanced support for Windows Vista
- CA IDMS Server r16.1 drivers support metadata methods to discover the relationships between CA IDMS SQL tables and CA IDMS network records based on primary and foreign key definitions.
- A new external identity auditing feature for CA IDMS Server enables customers to record the identities of end users that initiate transactions through multi-tiered application environments, such as web and J2EE-based application servers. Use of this feature provides an end-to-end audit trail of external user identities that access data in CA IDMS databases. This feature addresses internal security, auditing and compliance requirements driven by Sarbanes-Oxley and other regulations.
For additional information on CA IDMS Server, please visit the CA IDMS pages at CA Support Online (support.ca.com).
As CA would like to help make your upgrade to CA IDMS Server as straightforward and successful as possible, we are offering the following:
- Documentation to help prepare you for your upgrade to CA IDMS Server r16.1 can be viewed at support.ca.com.
- CA Technology Services is available to provide consulting services for any or all parts of the upgrade, including analysis of the current system, preparation for the upgrade, testing, and performing the upgrade itself. For more information please use the online "Call Me Form" at https://www3.ca.com/callme/default.aspx?wherefrom=Services.
If you have any questions regarding the support schedule, please contact CA IDMS Technical Support at https://support.ca.com.
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you.