Windows 2012 Server x64 bit OS and NSM r11.2 SP2 CUM1 Agents & Managers
Windows 2012 Server x64 bit (Standard & Datacenter editions with server with a GUI installation option) in a Standalone (Non-Cluster) Environment. IE 10 support will be in compatibility mode only.
The following components have been certified:
- Log Agent,
- System Agent,
- Script Agent,
- Performance Agent,
- Active Directory Agent
- Event Agent
- WMI Agent
- JMO Agent
- World View
- Web GUI(s) like AEC, UCM, UMP, UBI, URM, ADS and Post installation utilities
The following fixes are required for this Certification:
The following PIBs created for Windows 2012 Server should be reviewed prior to installation:
- RI54746 (WIN-WIN2012 UBI NOT OPENING)
- RI54748 (UCM BLANK WHEN OPENED REMOTELY)
Refer to below PIB's as applicable:
RI20053 (WIN-MCC Alerts Drop Down Not Working)
RI20107 (WIN-CCSWV-Datascope Rule Generator error)
RI37777 (WIN-AEC Classic GUI Doesn't Open)
- For new installation of NSM Agents & Manager on a Windows 2012 Server OS, it is recommended to apply all the Master Image fixes to NSM r11.2 SP2 CUM1 Master Image and then use that Image to install required NSM Agents & Managers.
The Master Image Fixes include corresponding Local Install Fixes.
- Local Install Fixes need to be applied on already installed NSM Agents & Manager machines on network as applicable, which may be on different Windows OS.
- For Last release of NSM i.e., r11.2 SP2 Agents & Manager are supported on Windows 2012 Server OS only after applying all the r11.2 SP2 CUM1 Published Cumulative Fixes ( Please refer below link ) for all the Agents & Managers installed.
4. In case of using NSM r11.2 SP2 CUM1 with SQL Server 2012, Please refer to below SQL 2012 Certification Link and proceed accordingly
Known Issues :
- Few of NSM Web components UI's like UCM, AEC have some issues with Internet Explorer 10 native mode, and these components are supported when browser mode is changed to "IE 10 compatibility mode".
- URM (Unicenter Remote Monitoring) has .NET Framework 1.1/SP1 as prerequisite and as per Microsoft it's not supported on Windows Server 2008/2012. As work around user can manually install it and URM has limited support on successful installation and working of .NET Framework 1.1/SP1 on these OS.