CA DataMinder Product Family Tier Definition FAQ
Date: February, 2011
Purpose: The CA Technologies Security CSU has instituted a new process for certifications to provide customers with certification roadmap dates for the security products and to streamline the certification process. This FAQ is designed to help you understand the new process and how it has an impact on your platform certification requests and needs.
- Q. Where is the SLA Guidelines document posted?
A. The SLA Guidelines are posted on CA Support:
- Q. Where are the CA DLP Tier Definitions posted?
A. The CA DLP Tier Definitions are posted on CA Support:
- Q. Will the Tier 1/Tier 2 definitions ever change?
A. Product Management will review the Tier 1/Tier 2 definitions on a quarterly basis and update the definitions as needed based on market and customer demand.
- Q .What happens to certification requests that are not Tier 1 or Tier 2 combinations?
A. Custom certification requests that are not Tier 1 or Tier 2 combinations can be submitted to CA Technologies Global Solutions Engineering (GSE) for consideration.
- Q. If the certification request is accepted by GSE, is there a fee for the custom certification?
A. Yes, you will receive a statement of work from GSE with the price for this work.
- Q. What about support?
A. The custom certification will NOT be placed on the CA DLP support matrices and will not be supported by the CSU. Rather, it will be supported under the terms of the GSE statement of work.
- Q. What is the process for getting a quote for a custom certification from GSE?
Q. What about platform combinations I am currently using that are listed on the support matrices but are not included in the SLA Tier 1 and Tier 2 definitions?
- The customer calls CA Support with a certification request.
- CA Support opens a Support Ticket (a xxxxxx -01 ticket).
- If the request is for a non-Tier 1 or Tier 2 combination, CA Support lets the customer know that the requested certification is custom and can be delivered on a fixed price basis by GSE should the customer so desire, and closes the ticket.
- GSE sends an email to the customer asking the customer to request a formal quote for the custom certification from his sales team.
- If the quote is accepted by the customer, GSE creates a Statement of Work (SOW).
- When the custom certification is completed, GSE supports the certification.
- The CA DLP Platform Support Matrices are not updated with custom certifications.
A. The CURRENT combinations, as of February 2011, will remain on the CA DLP support matrices, but subsequent releases of the same combinations will not be added to the support matrices.