CCC/Harvest 4.0.2 Service Pack for Windows NT Server
Several issues have been resolved in this service pack, the most significant being that CCC/Harvest is now compatible with Oracle 8.0.5. In addition, a problem with deadlocking when more than one user was editing a form has been resolved; and it is also now possible to control the hostname being registered by the server to the broker (requires 4.0.2 client to be installed). The Take Snapshot process now uses the time from the server instead of the client (requires 4.0.2 client to be installed).
If you have questions or problems, please contact Technical Support at 1-800-833-7528, or go to https://support.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/product-content/admin-content/contact-us---customer-care.html
for more information. Prerequisites
This service pack includes all of the modifications made in the 4.0.1 service pack. It can be applied to either a CCC/Harvest 4.0.0 or 4.0.1 installation. A 4.0.2 server is compatible with 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 clients; however, a client running 4.0.1 or 4.0.2 cannot connect to a 4.0.0 server.
NOTE FOR ORACLE8 SUPPORT: Before installing the CCC/Harvest 4.0.2 service pack, you must run the following Oracle installation steps in order to use the new Oracle 8 Support:
- Install Oracle 8 Enterprise Edition as normal.
- After the Enterprise Edition installation, rerun the Oracle 8 install and select Custom Installation
- On the Software Asset Manager screen, select Oracle Networking Products 126.96.36.199.2, then press Enter to expand it. Select all products under Oracle Networking Products, plus Required Support Files 188.8.131.52.1.
- Next, in the %ORACLE_HOME%/bin directory, copy the following three files:
- imp80.exe to imp73.exe
- plus80.exe to plus33.exe
- plus80w.exe to plus33w.exe.
- Finally, install the CCC/Harvest 4.0.2 service pack.
- Exit CCC/Harvest and shut down the Harvest server(s). Make sure all users are logged off before shutting down the server(s).
- Shut down the PLATINUM License Manager.
- Download the self-extracting file CCH402sp_NTsvr.exe to a download location of your choice.
- Make sure you have write access to the files being overwritten (see below).
- Double-click on the downloaded self-extracting file (CCH402sp_NTsvr.exe) to begin extracting its contents.
- In the "Unzip to Folder" field, change the default location (c:tempCCH402sp_NTsvr) to point to the location of your %HARVESTHOME% directory.
- Click the [Unzip] button to install the service pack into your %HARVESTHOME% directory.
- SPECIAL 4.0.0 INSTRUCTIONS: If you are applying this service pack to a 4.0.0 installation:
- From a DOS prompt, change directory to %HARVESTHOME%install
- Execute the following batch file, substituting the name and password of the Oracle user that owns the CCC/Harvest tables:
- Depending on which patches you have already installed, you might see some error messages (for forms, indexes or fields that already exist). This script can be run multiple times with no adverse effect.
- Restart your computer, make sure the License Manager is running, then start at least one server.
The following files are new or have been updated in this service pack: ImpExpEnv.txt
installetccustom_9.sql (check for read only)
installetccustom_pl_9.sql (check for read only)
libharserv.vr (check for read only)