CCC/Harvest 4.0.2 Service Pack for Sun Solaris 2 Systems
Several issues have been resolved in this service pack. Following are the most significant: CCC/Harvest has been updated to be compatible with Oracle 8. The lock on the table harObjIdGen is now released right away, so other transactions do not have to wait. It is now possible to control the hostname being registered to the broker by the server. The Take Snapshot process now takes the time from the server. Previously, it took the time from the client.
For detailed information on all issues resolved, see the 402_ReadMe file located within the service pack.
If you have questions or problems, please contact Technical Support at 1-800-833-7528, or go to https://support.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/product-content/admin-content/contact-us---customer-care.html
for more information. Prerequisites
This service pack includes all of the modifications made in the 4.0.1 service pack. It can be applied to either a CCC/Harvest 4.0.0 or 4.0.1 installation. A 4.0.2 server is compatible with 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 clients. However, a client running 4.0.1 or 4.0.2 cannot connect to a 4.0.0 server.
PLEASE READ: To use the new Oracle8 support, you must: install CCC/Harvest 4.0.2 server have previously installed Oracle 220.127.116.11.0 or higher Download Installation Instructions
- Exit CCC/Harvest and shut down the Harvest server(s). Make sure all users are logged off before shutting down the server(s).
- Shut down the PLATINUM License Manager.
- Download the file cch402sp_sol.tar.Z to your $HARVESTHOME directory. (NOTE: If the downloaded file name becomes corrupted as cch402sp_sol_tar.Z, please rename it correctly before continuing.)
- Uncompress the tar file.
- Make sure you have write access to the files being overwritten (see below).
- Install the service pack files with the following command:
tar xvf cch402sp_sol.tar SPECIAL 4.0.0 INSTRUCTIONS: If you are applying this service pack to a 4.0.0 installation:
- Change directories to $HARVESTHOME/install
- Execute the following batch file, substituting the name and password of the Oracle user that owns the CCC/Harvest tables:
401upgrade.sh (oracle user) (Oracle user's password)
- Depending on which patches you have already installed, you may see some error messages (for forms, indexes or fields that already exist). This script can be run multiple times with no adverse effect.
- Restart the License Manager, then start at least one server.
The following files are new or have been updated in this service pack:
ImpExpEnv.txt bin/charset bin/expEnv.pl bin/harserv bin/harsetup bin/harvest bin/hccmrg bin/hci bin/hco bin/hcp bin/hdp bin/hexpenv bin/hft bin/himpenv bin/hinteg bin/hpp bin/hsigget bin/hsigset bin/hsql bin/husql bin/impEnv.pl bin/msexport.perl bin/msimport.perl bin/sccstohar etc/charset etc/harserv etc/harsetup etc/harvest etc/hccmrg etc/hci etc/hco etc/hcp etc/hdp etc/hft etc/hinteg etc/hpp etc/msexport etc/msimport etc/msremitem install/401upgrade.sh install/etc/accessReset.sql install/etc/addforms.sh install/etc/addPkgField.sql install/etc/checkform.sql install/etc/custom_10.sql install/etc/custom_15.sql install/etc/custom_16.sql install/etc/custom_17.sql install/etc/custom_9.sql install/etc/custom_def_15.sql install/etc/custom_def_16.sql install/etc/custom_def_17.sql install/etc/custom_pl_10.sql install/etc/custom_pl_15.sql install/etc/custom_pl_16.sql install/etc/custom_pl_17.sql install/etc/custom_pl_9.sql install/etc/dropTmp.sql install/etc/expandseverity.sql install/etc/fixAccess.sql install/etc/fix_8bit_access.sql install/etc/msmappingtrigger.sql install/etc/newdefecttrigger.sql install/etc/newmrtrigger.sql install/etc/perf_indexes.sql install/etc/verifyAccess.sql install/etc/verifyTmp.sql install/etc/verify_15.sql install/etc/verify_16.sql install/etc/verify_17.sql install/etc/fix8bitdb.readme.txt lib/harserv.vr lib/harvest.vr license/bin/instlic license/bin/lmgrd license/bin/lmutil license/bin/platd