CA Business Service Insight 8.0, 8.01 and 8.1
End of Service Announcement
Date: March 19, 2013
To: CA Business Service Insight Customers
From: The CA Technologies Business Service Insight Product Team
Subject: End of Service Announcement for CA Business Service Insight 8.0, 8.01 and 8.1
CA Technologies is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers. In accordance with our CA Support Policy and Terms (https://support.ca.com/), please consider this letter your written notification that we are discontinuing support for CA Business Service Insight 8.0, 8.01 and 8.1 beginning March 31, 2014. This will allow our Development organization to more effectively focus its resources on and add value to the next release of Business Service Insight.
At this time, we encourage you to plan for the migration to Business Service Insight 8.2 as soon as possible, so you can take full advantage of the latest new features and enhancements this release has to offer. New features for CA Business Service Insight r8.2 include:
Internationalization & Localization
CA Business Service Insight 8.2 has been internationalized / localized to support the following languages:
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish.
Solutions and Integrations Enablement
CA Business Service Insight 8.2 expands the product integration capabilities by exposing BSI objects through CA Catalyst 3.2 to allow easy integration. New ITPAM operators were developed to allow BSI to be part of process automation cross different CA products (e.g. catalog, SD, Clarity).
Installation and Migration
To reduce the interaction needed to install and configure the system, 3rd party pre-requisites are part of the installer.
CA Business Service Insight 8.2 supports the following additional entities: Template Library, Contract Template, Service Level Template, Adapter, Data Loading Form, Booklet, Contract Current Status, Timeslot Template
Customers' Enhancement Requests
- The length of the address email was enlarged to 300 characters
- API to import docx notes for metrics was added
- The title "Duration" in adapter scheduler was changed to "stop time"
- DEVIATION TAG on dashboard was removed
- Widget (border) and the title are independent
- Clear ACE Instance Management Screen
- Performance Improvements to contract lifecycle
- Exception In Translation Script - Support TimeZone in AddException
- New Booklet mechanism - Automatic Update of table of contents
- Securability - Passwords in database connection strings that were visible are now hidden: Connection string in SQL Adapter, Connection string segments in SQL Adapter, Query Builder in SQL Adapter, Test connection string in SQL adapter, Connection string in Free-Form report, Connection string in Date Loading Form
- Fix "Command not found" while installing Oblicore DB on Redhat5.3
- Fix Report Scheduler failure
- Allow big number of sub reports in a compound report
For additional information on Business Services Insight, please visit the Business Service Insight(BSI) pages at CA Support Online: https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/anonymous/prddtlshome?prdhmpgform=p&productID=8379
As CA Technologies would like to help make your upgrade to Business Service Insight 8.2 as straightforward and successful as possible, we are offering the following:
- A no-charge software upgrade from CA Oblicore Guarantee and CA Business Service Insight to Business Services Insight 8.2 for any customer with an active maintenance contract.
- CA Services is available to provide consulting services for any or all parts of the upgrade, including analysis of the current system, preparation for the upgrade, testing, and performing the upgrade itself. Please visit www.ca.com/services.
- Qualified local CA Business Service Insight Partners are also able to assist in any or all parts of the upgrade, including analysis of the current system, preparation for the upgrade, testing, and performing the upgrade itself. For more information and a list of partners in your area please contact your local CA Channel Partner Group office, (http:/www.ca.com/partners.aspx).
- CA Technologies is committed to providing superior support to our customers using our technology solutions. CA Extended Support, one of the CA Technologies support offerings, is designed to extend support for CA Technologies software product versions or releases that have reached their End of Service Date. Please visit our website, CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/), for more information.
If you have any questions regarding the support schedule, please contact Business Services Insight CA Support at CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/), your local CA Account Manager, Customer Success Manager or CA Customer Care online at http://www.ca.com/us/customer-care.aspx where you can submit an online request using the Customer Care web form: https://communities.ca.com/web/guest/customercare. You can also call CA Customer Care at +1-800-225-5224 in North America or see http://www.ca.com/phone for the local number in your country.
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you.