CA XOsoft r12.5
End of Service Announcement
To: CA XOsoft r12.5 Customers
From: The CA Technologies CA ARCserve Replication and High Availability Product Team (Previously known as CA XOsoft)
Subject: End of Service Announcement for CA XOsoft r12.5
Date: December 01, 2011
CA Technologies is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers. In accordance with the CA Support Policy and Terms (https://support.ca.com), please consider this letter your notification that we are discontinuing support for CA XOsoft r12.5 beginning December 31, 2012. This will allow our Development organization to effectively focus its resources on and continue to add value to CA ARCserve Replication and CA ARCserve High Availability (previously known as CA XOsoft) new releases.
At this time, we encourage you to plan for the migration to CA ARCserve Replication r16, CA ARCserve High Availability r16 and CA ARCserve Content Distribution r16 (formerly known as CA XOsofttm Replication, CA XOsofttm High Availability, and CA XOsofttm Content Distribution, respectively). These new releases include a wide range of enhancements that expand the breadth of protection, simplify management and speed recovery of your systems, applications and data. Some of the key features include Full System Replication and High Availability, Amazon Cloud (Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)) Integration, Windows Server 2008 Failover Cluster Support, VMware vCenter Server v4 Support and Secure Communications. We encourage you to visit the product information page for , CA ARCserve Replication and High Availability at www.arcserve.com and our product support page at www.arcserve.com/support for further information.
As CA Technologies would like to help make your upgrade to CA ARCserve Replication and High Availability r16 as straightforward and successful as possible, we are offering the following:
- A no-charge software upgrades to CA ARCserve Replication and High Availability r16 for any customer with an active maintenance contract as listed below.
Upgrade paths from XOsoft r12.5 to the latest available releases:
- CA XOsoft Content Distribution r12.5 for Windows customers are encouraged to upgrade to CA ARCserve Content Distribution r16 for Windows
- CA XOsoft Replication r12.5 for Windows - customers are encouraged to upgrade to CA ARCserve Replication r16 for Windows
- CA XOsoft Replication r12.5 for UNIX / Linux customers are encouraged to upgrade to CA ARCserve Replication r16 for UNIX / Linux
- CA XOsoft High Availability v12.5 for Windows customers are encouraged to upgrade to CA ARCserve High Availability r16 for Windows
For additional product details, please visit http://www.arcserve.com.
- Documentation to help prepare you for your upgrade to CA ARCserve Replication and High Availability r16 can be viewed at CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com).
- CA Services is available to provide consulting services for any or all parts of your upgrade, including analysis of your current system, preparation for the upgrade, testing, and performing the upgrade itself. Please visit www.ca.com/services for more information.
- Qualified local CA ARCserve Partners are also able to assist in any or all parts of your upgrade, including analysis of your current system, preparation for the upgrade, testing, and performing the upgrade itself. For more information and a list of partners in your area please contact your local CA Channel Partner Group office, www.ca.com/partners.
- CA Technologies is committed to providing superior support to our customers using our technology solutions. CA Extended Support, one of the CA Technologies support offerings, is designed to extend support for CA Technologies software product versions or releases that have reached their End of Service Date. Please visit our website, CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com), for more information.
If you have any questions regarding the support schedule, please contact CA ARCserve Replication and High Availability CA Support at CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com), your local CA Account Manager, CA Support Availability Manager, or CA Customer Care at +1-800-225-5224 in North America or see http://www.ca.com/phone for the local number in your country.
We would also strongly recommend you to visit these forums and social networking sites that focus on CA ARCserve Replication and High Availability. These forums are created for the purpose of giving our customers a platform to discuss their issues and questions directly with CA ARCserve development and product management teams, communicate with other customers on the forum and share new ideas. There are plenty of CA ARCserve experts on the site and they provide live advice on queries related to the CA ARCserve family of products.
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you.