eTrust Inoculan/InoculateIT 4.x
January 17, 2003
Last updated: March 18, 2004
InoculateIT/Inoculan 4.x for Windows
- CA has dropped support for InoculateIT/Inoculan v 4.x for Windows (including signature updates and localized versions) effective March 17, 2004.
- Signature updates for InoculateIT/Inoculan v 4.x on the remaining platforms listed below will be published once a week on Mondays.
InoculateIT/Inoculan 4.x for Netware
- Inoculan v4.x for Netware will be supported until December 31, 2004.
- eTrust Antivirus v7 for Netware was released in December 2003, and is now available. Please contact your Customer Advocate or Sales Representative to order the latest version.
Inoculan v4.x Exchange Antivirus Option customers
- Any customer that uses Inoculan v4.x Exchange Antivirus Option on Microsoft Exchange 5.5 will be supported on Exchange until December 31, 2004.
- Microsoft will be dropping free support for Exchange 5.5 on December 31, 2004.
ArcServe 2000/Inoculan 4.x bundle customers
- Applies to any customer that purchased the ArcServe 2000 / Inoculan v4.x bundle.
- Support for Inoculan 4.x when bundled with ArcServe 2000 will continue until March 31, 2004.
- In Japan, ArcServe 2000 / Inoculan 4.x bundle customers will receive support on Inoculan v4.x until March 31, 2005.
TO REGISTER FOR THESE EXCEPTIONS, PLEASE EMAIL: INOCULAN4EXTENSION@CA.COM or call CA Support
No Change to Unscheduled Signature Update Policy
- CA receives any number of virus samples each day. Although we analyze and take a signature for all malicious samples we receive, most samples never make it into the real world and affect customers. Our policy has always been to provide signature updates out of schedule for any virus threats that are above "low threat" by all industry standards.
We strongly encourage you to upgrade to the latest version, eTrust Antivirus v7 for Windows to obtain the following key features:
- "System Cure" feature which, when turned on, cleans up after viruses (removes registry entries, kill viral processes, etc.) in addition to simply reporting or curing the infected file.
- Smaller signature downloads. All 4.x downloads are full sized (~1.5 to 4.2 megabytes depending on which file is needed). eTrust Antivirus v7 introduced incremental updates which are approximately 300 kilo bytes.
- Superior management, policy, discovery, and management of Win9x desktops
- Integrated management of Lotus and Exchange options
- Extended platform coverage - Linux/Solaris.
- 7.0 installs over the top of 4.x
- Single install image for windows platforms
- Support for Windows XP and Server 2003
FURTHER INFORMATION ON THE UPGRADE TO eTRUST ANTIVIRUS v7 FOR WINDOWS MAY BE OBTAINED BY EMAILING INOCULAN4INFO@CA.COM.
Or, you may want to migrate to eTrust Secure Content Manager, our new 4-in one content security solution that provides Anti-virus, Anti-Spam, URL Filtering, and Confidential Information Management in one comprehensive solution, key features include:
- User Self Management. You decide how much or how little, to ease the burden on your IT department.
- Central Policy Management. Definitions for policies, actions, keyword and more are centrally managed so they can be shared across multiple platforms.
- Confidentiality Filtering. Customizable word/string search and alert to help you protect sensitive corporate info.
- Antivirus Protection. eTrust Antivirus is included to ensure you're fully protected.
- Automated Actions and Alerts. Customizable actions such as "block" and "quarantine" can be defined for each policy. Delivers immediate response when an object matches the criteria.
- Internet Policy Enforcement. Blocks access to sites that are outside an organization's Acceptable Usage Policy. Protects against legal liability, conserves bandwidth, and increases employee productivity.
FURTHER INFORMATION ON THE MIGRATION TO eTRUST SECURE CONTENT MANAGER MAY BE OBTAINED BY EMAILING INOCULAN4SPAM@CA.COM.
We appreciate your business and are committed to providing you the best support for this exceptional antivirus product.